Community Event Notification
- Union Pacific Response Management Communication Center (RMCC): 1-888-877-7267
- Community Event Notification Flyer
Union Pacific's highest priority is the safety of our employees and the communities we serve. For everyone's safety, Union Pacific strongly encourages event organizers to plan activities so they do not cross railroad tracks or approach railroad property. When a community event or activity is being planned, organizers should contact Union Pacific if those plans call for crossing the railroad's tracks or for activity to occur near the tracks.
Some of the more frequent types of activities include:
- High, wide or low clearance movements such as house transport or traveling amusement park rides
- Unanticipated events such as funeral processions or local government agency activities
- Cattle crossings
Only in rare circumstances will train traffic be stopped or rerouted for events such as the following:
- Sporting events such as marathons and bicycle rides
- Motorcades including car or motorcycle parades
- County or state fairs, carnivals and farmers markets
- Parades, celebrations, concerts, rallies, marches or other large gatherings
Organizers who plan/conduct events on or near railroad property without notifying Union Pacific could be putting participants at risk.
Union Pacific’s Response Management Communication Center is available 24/7 at 1-888-877-7267.