Union Pacific hired approximately 3,450 employees in 2013 and plans to hire almost that many again in 2014, depending on attrition and business needs.
Additionally, we unveiled a new careers site www.UP.jobs, that features a total revamp of the mobile platform to make the job-seeking and application process seamless and efficient.
In communities, we:
- Participate in diversity events and job fairs.
- Attend career days at local high schools.
- Educate military veterans at military career fairs about career opportunities.
- Develop partnerships with area employment organizations and workforce development offices.
On college campuses, we:
- Meet with multicultural business and specialized student groups, and participate in diversity leadership symposiums.
- Conduct classroom presentations about career opportunities.
- Lead career services roundtables.
- Meet students at networking events and hold mock interviews.
- Sponsor executive luncheons.
- Invite students and faculty from our partner schools to an annual College World Series networking event.
- Hired 183 summer and year-round interns.
- Launched and maintain @UPCampus, a Twitter account designed to interact and engage college students interested in working or interning at Union Pacific.