Diversified Business Products
Union Pacific moves the goods American families and businesses use every day. Just about everything in homes, offices, manufacturing facilities, construction sites and stores moves on a train at some point.
- Agricultural Products - Revenue: $3.3 billion. We haul the food that feeds the nation and many parts of the world, delivering fresh and frozen goods safely and efficiently. We also ship agricultural products such as whole grains, feed grains and ethanol.
- Automotive - Revenue: $1.8 billion. Union Pacific operates vehicle distribution centers for major automotive manufacturers and provides expedited parts shipping. We are the largest auto railroad carrier in North America.
- Chemicals - Revenue: $3.2 billion. Union Pacific carries the chemicals used to clean drinking water and produce plastics, as well as fertilizer to grow our food supply. We transport petrochemicals, crude oil extracted from U.S. shale locations and soda ash.
- Coal - Revenue: $3.9 billion. Coal generates nearly half of the U.S. electricity supply, and we deliver more than 20 percent of the coal American businesses and consumers demand.
- Industrial Products - Revenue: 3.5 billion. Union Pacific ships a variety of raw materials and finished goods, including steel, pipe, frac sand, military equipment, wind turbine components and lumber.
- Intermodal - Revenue: $4 billion. One Union Pacific intermodal train can take as many as 300 trucks off America’s congested highways. We deliver a wide range of multimodal solutions for domestic and international freight.
- Mexico Markets - Union Pacific is the leading transportation services provider to and from the United States/Mexico border, moving roughly two-thirds of the rail freight. We are the only railroad to serve all six major U.S./Mexico gateways. Revenue from our six business units includes $1.9 billion from Mexico in 2012.