Mechanical Protective Service (MPS) Rule Item Change - UPMPS3
Announcement Number: AG2013-6
Categories: Frozen and Refrigerated Products,Fresh Fruits and Vegetables
Posted Date: January 31, 2013
Effective February 1, 2013 we have made the following changes to the UPMPS-3 rules tariff:
- There is no net change to the current rate structures paid by UPRR customers due to this update.
- We have eliminated the application of MPS charges managed in item 800.
- We have replaced the application of MPS charges from item 800 with items 805 and 810.
- Item 805 applies MPS charges on a state to state basis instead of via group to group. There are NO changes to the MPS charge amounts applied on movements of 50' and 64' ARMN cars.
- There is a new application of MPS charges for our 72' ARMN cars. These amounts are highlighted in item 805 as well.
- Item 810 manages the application of MPS charges to lanes not specifically mentioned in item 805.
There is no net change to the current rate structures paid by UPRR customers due to this update. The MPS charges are fully absorbed into the line haul rate paid by the customer on all UP ARMN moves. These changes are to simplify the way our MPS charges are viewed in tariff by the customer.
Should you have any questions please contact your individual sales representative or Nick Langel at 402-544-6210. Thank you and have a safe day.