EMP Features and Benefits
EMP provides one of the largest service networks for domestic containers, serving most major cities within the United States. A key feature of EMP is unbundled pricing--the rail linehaul charge is separated from the equipment use rate. Customers who load and unload EMP containers in a timely manner receive a lower total cost compared to truck or other intermodal services. Another key feature of EMP is the reservation and logistics support provided by REZ-1. REZ-1 is a vendor that hosts the EMP reservation system, handles per diem accounting and has many features available to customers to help assist with their logistics process. For more information on REZ-1, see the REZ-1 Overview.
- Quality 53' domestic containers. Improved ride quality.
- Containers are available in high cube and ultra wide sizes.
- Expansive rail network.
- State of the art central information and reservation system (REZ-1) with real-time data on equipment availability.
- Ability to reserve equipment in advance through REZ-1.
- Tailored, personalized reports generated through REZ-1 and delivered via e-mail.
- Ability to secure equipment at UP "Paper" ramps and Drop Lots.
- Competitively priced rail service.
- Ability to reach all major markets via EMP.
- Reservations for EMP equipment made via REZ-1's ChannelSpeed application.
- REZ-1 offers a variety of EMP equipment program products to meet customers' specialized requirements.
- REZ-1 reports assist customers in streamlining their logistics process and improving container management.
- Ability to reach locations not directly accessible via rail through "Paper" ramps and Drop Lots.
For EMP-related questions, contact your Union Pacific Representative.