Global IV - Joliet, IL
Intermodal Facilities Maps
Location: 3000 Centerpoint Way, Joliet, IL 60436
Terminal Capabilities: COFC/TOFC
Directions: Follow I-55 to the Arsenal Road exit. Travel east to Baseline Road. Follow Baseline Road north to Millsdale Road. Follow Millsdale Road northeast - stay to left where it turns into Centerpoint Way. Terminal entrance on right.
Hours of Operation: 7 Days, 24 Hours
|Flip Hours||7 Days, 24 Hours|
|Roadability Hours||7 Days, 24 Hours|
This facility is equipped with an Automated Gate System (AGS).
National Customer Service Center
- View current schedule information for this and other selected origination terminals (requires User ID and password).
More About Joliet Intermodal Terminal
The Joliet Intermodal Terminal (JIT) is located just southwest of Chicago in Joliet, Illinois. This facility expands Union Pacific's current central and western Chicago coverage to include the rapidly growing southwest Chicago area. JIT provides access to all major traffic lanes, and is situated to take advantage of UP's fastest East/West service lane. In addition, its proximity to Interstates 55 and 80 benefits customers by reducing dray costs.
- 550-acres with additional acreage for future expansion
- State-of-the-art technology, including bio-metrics and Optical Character Recognition (OCR) for safe, secure and expedited handling of containers
- 500,000+ annual lift-capacity for intermodal containers
- Ten lane Automated Gate System (AGS) entrance
- 4,000 parking stalls
- 24 hour, seven day a week operations
- Four working tracks, six support tracks and six switching tracks
Union Pacific's Chicago Terminal Alignment
The JIT facility is designed to provide capacity and improve operations for current Chicago traffic. JIT provides additional expansion capabilities to keep pace with projected growth. The opening of JIT has enhances the freight landscape in the Chicago metro area. Outlined below is Union Pacific's Chicago terminal alignment:
|Joliet (G4)||International and Limited Domestic||Southern California, Northern California, Pacific Northwest, El Paso, Tucson|
|Global I||Domestic and Limited International||Southern California, Las Vegas, Salt Lake City|
|Global II||Domestic and Limited International||Northern California, Pacific Northwest, Denver, Reno|
|Global III||Domestic and International||Southern California, Northern California, Pacific Northwest|
|Yard Center||Domestic and International||Dallas, Houston, Laredo, San Antonio, Mexico|