Tacoma South (TacSim) - Tacoma, WA
Intermodal Facilities Maps
Location: 1738 Milwaukee Way, Tacoma, WA 98421
Terminal Capabilities: COFC
- From the South - Interstate 5 north to Exit 134. Left on East Portland Avenue. Right on Lincoln Avenue. Left on Milwaukee Way. Terminal entrance is on the left.
- From the North - Interstate 5 south to Exit 136. Right on Port of Tacoma Road. Left on Lincoln Avenue. Right on Milwaukee Way. Terminal entrance is on the left.
Fax: (253) 272-8636
Hours of Operation: 24 hours, 7 days a week
National Customer Service Center
- View current schedule information for this and other selected origination terminals. ( Requires User ID and password)
More About Tacoma South Intermodal Terminal
Covering more than 40 acres, Tacoma South Intermodal Terminal (TacSim) is capable of handling 150,000 annual lifts, greatly increasing UP's intermodal capacity in the Pacific Northwest. This facility is strategically located near western Washington's warehousing, transloading and distribution centers, with convenient highway and interstate access.
- Leading Technology
Utilizes TCS and Oasis software to maximize terminal efficiencies.
- 25 Acre Container Yard
Provides ample capacity to process containers and creates faster availability for customers.
- 24 Hour, Seven-Day-a-Week Operations
Allowing operational convenience and flexibility for customers and drayage carriers.
- Future Services
TacSim's capacity allows Union Pacific to add additional lanes, including service between Los Angeles and TacSim, planned for 2009.
- Interstate and Highway Access
Convenient access to Interstate 5, Highway 509 and Highway 99 offers greater access to Washington and Western Canada.
- Positioned to serve more than 80 million square feet of warehouse space
- Provides competitive intermodal service between the Pacific Northwest and the major markets of Chicago, the Midwest and the eastern United States
- Central to all major markets
- Avoids congestion encountered in surrounding major metropolitan market
- Offers unparalleled market access