Everyday expressions like “buckle up,” “look both ways” and “don’t talk to strangers” commonly roll off parents’ tongues, but there’s one important topic that parents rarely discuss with their kids: railroad safety.
A turning point in community arts and culture is coming to the Council Bluffs, Iowa, area, as Pottawattamie Arts, Culture and Entertainment (PACE) renovates and expands the historic Harvester II building into a nearly 95,000-square-foot facility with Union Pacific’s help through the Community Ties Giving Program.
Sacramento-based Meristem focuses on four key goals for students: building a strong sense of self, mastering basic life skills, enhancing social capacity and preparing to enter higher education and the workforce.
Most students bring home stickers or postcards as souvenirs from their class field trips. Claudia Coronel’s 6-year-old son Adrian brought home a grocery list.
For Union Pacific Locomotive Engineer June Nobles and Conductor Randy Kuhaneck, the honor of operating former President George H.W. Bush’s funeral train Dec. 6 was a matter of duty for a fallen sailor.
Like most aspiring filmmakers, Jonathan Galan grew up watching and studying movies. His biggest barrier to becoming a filmmaker, he realized, wasn’t that he didn’t have the right equipment, but rather, he didn’t have the right mindset.
- Little Rock Central High Legacy Inspires Locomotive Engineer 09122018
- Building America a Playground at a Time 08222018
- Innovative Arkansas Non-Profit Supports Inventive Minds 07112018
- Revamped Union Pacific Foundation Targets Key Community Needs 05232018
- Big Shoulders Fund Brings STEM to Underrepresented Students 05162018
- Union Pacific and National Park Foundation Invite You to Explore America's Backyard 04302018
- Wyoming High School Display Honors Transcontinental Railroad 04122018
- 'The Tech' Stokes Curiosity in Tomorrow's Innovators 02082018
- Railroader Breaks Glass Ceiling, Balances Career and Family 09202017
- Technology, Teamwork Shine During Deval Diamond Project 09052017
- Skilled Labor a Critical Option for Millennial Workforce 06212017
- CAREEROCKIT Launches Next Generation of Innovators 04112017