America is in the midst of a “maker movement,” a world-wide initiative aimed at teaching people to make products rather than consume them. Arkansas Regional Innovation Hub, and its “Lead Maker” Dr. Chris Jones, want to deliver this new type of freedom to rural Arkansas.
When Union Pacific Chairman E. Roland Harriman voiced his support for the railroad's first corporate philanthropy program more than 60 years ago, he could never have dreamed his actions would help the teens of today learn how to make “wearable tech.”
In Chicago’s inner-city schools, phrases like “I’m just not good at math” echo among low-income Latino and African-American students. Many of these students don’t consider a career in the STEM fields a possibility.
Close your eyes and picture a majestic landscape. Listen for chirping birds and the rustling of leaves. For Union Pacific Project Manager Josh Ford, a visit to Montana’s Glacier National Park changed his perspective – he found a place of hope.
Jim Gilman’s high school art class in Powell, Wyoming, is taking its learning outside the classroom by transforming academic hallways and alcoves into lifelike interactive museum exhibits.
Deep in the heart of California’s Silicon Valley, the next generation of innovators is putting on their safety goggles, rolling up their sleeves and diving into a new world of science. And they’re not even old enough to drive.
It’s the first day at a new job, and the unisex bathroom door doesn’t properly shut. Tami Johnsen did what any good leader would do: she drove to a nearby hardware store, bought a new locking door knob and fixed the problem. Two decades later, Johnsen, Union Pacific’s general superintendent of the Harriman Dispatching Center, still tackles new challenges head on.
The replacement of the aging five-track Deval diamond, located in Chicago's northwest suburbs, is improving commuter and freight transit times.
- Skilled Labor a Critical Option for Millennial Workforce 06212017
- CAREEROCKIT Launches Next Generation of Innovators 04112017
- Chicago: Balancing Freight and Commuters at the World's Busiest Terminal 01112017
- Blind Ambition: Colorado Center Builds Confidence in Disabled 10072016
- Healing from Horseback: HETRA Provides Hope 07072016
- Union Pacific Transports Emergency Response Equipment to Xalapa, Mexico 06012016
- Burn Institute Heals Children's Unseen Scars 05172016
- WWII Museum Protects Legacy of Those Who Served 02122016
- Patriot Award Honors Employers of Those Who Serve 02022016
- Railroader Debuts at Carnegie Hall 12232015
- Houston Literacy Program Strives to Break Cycle of Poverty 12182015
- Hooves and Paws Strike at the Heart of UP Employee 12092015