In railroading towns across Union Pacific’s 23-state network, our employees supported local families in need of cheer this holiday season.
Tis the season for Union Pacific’s employees to look outward into their local communities. In service units from Texas to Chicago and Portland to Los Angeles, the people of UP are dedicating their time, talents and resources to supporting organizations across UP’s 23-state network. In the spotlight today are railroaders showing community pride in North Platte, Nebraska; Offutt Air Force Base in Bellevue, Nebraska; and the Nebraska Air National Guard Base in Lincoln, Nebraska.
A train escorted by four Marines in dress uniform and a Railroad Santa in his finest overalls delivered more than 25,000 toys Saturday, Dec. 11, to the U.S. Marines’ Toys for Tots program in Houston.
Two Union Pacific teams kicked off the holiday season with a combined 1-ton donation to the Omaha-metro nonprofit Open Door Mission. Open Door Mission seeks to break the cycle of homelessness and poverty by providing meals and temporary housing for community members in the Omaha metro area.
With nearly 800 Afghan refugees expected to relocate to Nebraska, including about 500 to Omaha, Union Pacific employees are stepping up to both welcome and settle them in their new homes.
Toddlers in tricked out rides cruised the UP Center’s lobby Saturday in Omaha, Nebraska, flashing big smiles as they moved independently on their own free will, many for the first time in their lives.
One of the ways UP works to empower people with disabilities is through its partnership with the Omaha Public Schools Transition Program. The program prepares secondary students with disabilities to move from high school into the adult community via work-based learning to develop occupational and related social skills.
Belin Hernandez, manager-Train Operations at Union Pacific’s Los Angeles Service Unit, was looking for a way to bring UP employees together and honor Breast Cancer Awareness Month in October.
- Welcoming to All: Inclusive Community Build Playground Opening Soon in North Platte 09222021
- Grand Opening Set for New Visitors Center at Pullman National Monument 09032021
- UP Diversity Scholarships Developing Confident Leaders 08272021
- UP Doubles Down on Inclusive Procurement 08102021
- UP Partners with Communities to Safeguard Schoolchildren 03292021
- Partnership Enhances UP’s Hiring Reach 03012021
- 'Mother MABAS': Motherload in Emergency Relief 01052021
- Houston Railroaders Deliver Toys for Tots 12172020
- With COVID-19 and Homelessness on the Rise, Arizona Org Helps Save the Family 11122020
- UP Water Train Fights California Wildfires 09032020
- Foster Care Youth Offered ‘Keys to Success’ 08212020
- Renowned Nevada Program Keeps Music Within Youths’ Reach 08052020