Most students bring home stickers or postcards as souvenirs from their class field trips. Claudia Coronel’s 6-year-old son Adrian brought home a grocery list.
For Union Pacific Locomotive Engineer June Nobles and Conductor Randy Kuhaneck, the honor of operating former President George H.W. Bush’s funeral train Dec. 6 was a matter of duty for a fallen sailor.
Like most aspiring filmmakers, Jonathan Galan grew up watching and studying movies. His biggest barrier to becoming a filmmaker, he realized, wasn’t that he didn’t have the right equipment, but rather, he didn’t have the right mindset.
As a former student of Little Rock Central High School, Union Pacific Locomotive Engineer Harlee Watson is acutely aware of the struggles African-Americans experienced during the Civil Rights Movement.
America is in the midst of a “maker movement,” a world-wide initiative aimed at teaching people to make products rather than consume them. Arkansas Regional Innovation Hub, and its “Lead Maker” Dr. Chris Jones, want to deliver this new type of freedom to rural Arkansas.
When Union Pacific Chairman E. Roland Harriman voiced his support for the railroad's first corporate philanthropy program more than 60 years ago, he could never have dreamed his actions would help the teens of today learn how to make “wearable tech.”
In Chicago’s inner-city schools, phrases like “I’m just not good at math” echo among low-income Latino and African-American students. Many of these students don’t consider a career in the STEM fields a possibility.
- Union Pacific and National Park Foundation Invite You to Explore America's Backyard 04302018
- Wyoming High School Display Honors Transcontinental Railroad 04122018
- 'The Tech' Stokes Curiosity in Tomorrow's Innovators 02082018
- Railroader Breaks Glass Ceiling, Balances Career and Family 09202017
- Technology, Teamwork Shine During Deval Diamond Project 09052017
- Skilled Labor a Critical Option for Millennial Workforce 06212017
- CAREEROCKIT Launches Next Generation of Innovators 04112017
- Chicago: Balancing Freight and Commuters at the World's Busiest Terminal 01112017
- Blind Ambition: Colorado Center Builds Confidence in Disabled 10072016
- Healing from Horseback: HETRA Provides Hope 07072016
- Striking a Balance on the Great Salt Lake 06142016
- Union Pacific Transports Emergency Response Equipment to Xalapa, Mexico 06012016