To keep freight flowing in the Gulf Coast area known for hurricanes named Andrew, Camille, Harvey and Katrina, various railroad professionals from UP’s Engineering, Public Affairs and Transportation departments recently reached outside of the company to review and coordinate their severe weather plans.
National Rail Safety Week is the perfect time for families to sit down and stress the importance of being alert and distraction free around railroad tracks.
Union Pacific and nonprofit Safe Kids Worldwide teamed up to drive home an important message for families in a new rail safety video: Model rail safety, because ‘Nothing’ is worth more than your child’s life.
For the safety of every Union Pacific team member, substance abuse can’t be a part of that equation. That’s why Operation RedBlock volunteers have been visiting crew rooms, team meetings and safety briefings for more than 40 years.
Rural doesn’t always mean quiet. Take for example the highway-rail grade crossing on Union Pacific’s Laredo Subdivision in LaSalle County, Texas. Oil and gas exploration activities in the area mean large machinery and local traffic regularly traverse this hot spot.
Thanks to extensive outreach efforts, firefighters from 22 fire districts and departments received hazardous materials (hazmat) response training in Union Pacific’s largest-ever class of its kind in central Louisiana.
Chicago track supervisor Lakish Vanzant works hard to make every encounter at Union Pacific a positive one.
- Union Pacific and Lone Star College Train Truck-Driving Students with Simulated Rail Crossings 02162022
- Gov. Newsom Stands with Union Pacific and Law Enforcement; Calls for Action on LA Rail Thefts 01212022
- Close Call in Louisiana Leads to Expanded Safety Campaign with Locomotive Engineer's Help 10282021
- Safe Crossings Start Here: Safe Kids Worldwide, 'Chuggington' Help Union Pacific Educate Families Nationwide 09202021
- National Suicide Prevention Awareness Month: 'I Was Almost a Statistic' 09102021