Union Pacific and nonprofit Safe Kids Worldwide teamed up to drive home an important message for families in a new rail safety video: Model rail safety, because ‘Nothing’ is worth more than your child’s life.
For the safety of every Union Pacific team member, substance abuse can’t be a part of that equation. That’s why Operation RedBlock volunteers have been visiting crew rooms, team meetings and safety briefings for more than 40 years.
Rural doesn’t always mean quiet. Take for example the highway-rail grade crossing on Union Pacific’s Laredo Subdivision in LaSalle County, Texas. Oil and gas exploration activities in the area mean large machinery and local traffic regularly traverse this hot spot.
Thanks to extensive outreach efforts, firefighters from 22 fire districts and departments received hazardous materials (hazmat) response training in Union Pacific’s largest-ever class of its kind in central Louisiana.
Chicago track supervisor Lakish Vanzant works hard to make every encounter at Union Pacific a positive one.
The first time a truck-driving student at Lone Star College in Houston, Texas, encounters a railroad crossing will be on a training course and not a public highway thanks to a real-world project that received a big assist from Union Pacific Railroad.
California Gov. Gavin Newsom stood with Union Pacific representatives, law enforcement officers and UPS on Thursday, announcing a multi-agency effort to combat rail theft in Los Angeles.
In the wee hours of the morning, as his train rumbled through sugar cane fields in central Louisiana, Locomotive Engineer Cory Van Mol watched in disbelief as a farm tractor failed to yield at a private crossing.
- Safe Crossings Start Here: Safe Kids Worldwide, 'Chuggington' Help Union Pacific Educate Families Nationwide 09202021
- National Suicide Prevention Awareness Month: 'I Was Almost a Statistic' 09102021
- Union Pacific’s Fire Car Fleet Provided Critical Assist in Lava Fire 07122021
- Heartland Service Unit Making Safety Strides 06072021
- Union Pacific Dispatchers Answer the Calls to Safety 05062021
- Third Generation Railroader Commits Career to Teamwork and Safety 04072021
- UP Operating Teams Battle through Polar Vortex 03022021
- Safety Program Virtually Puts Teens in Driver Seat 02032021
- Popular Animated Characters Make Rail Safety 'Traintastic' 09212020