Union Pacific Policy for Photography and Video Recording
Safety is of paramount importance to Union Pacific Railroad. Taking pictures or video while on Union Pacific property is dangerous, so when taking pictures or video of Union Pacific Railroad trains or structures:
- Stay off Union Pacific Railroad property. This includes tracks, bridges, buildings and signal towers.
- At passenger stations, Amtrak and Union Pacific's commuter partner guidelines must be followed.
- Obey all safety rules, regulations and instructions provided by law enforcement and Union Pacific employees.
Violators are subject to a citation for trespassing on railroad property.
Union Pacific will seek removal from publication any photograph or video that violates this policy.
Unmanned Aircraft Systems (Drone) Policy
Unmanned aircraft systems (or "drones") flown for commercial or recreational purposes must adhere to the following:
- Union Pacific operates in a safety-sensitive environment. Never operate a drone in a manner that could distract or otherwise endanger yourself, Union Pacific employees, equipment or the public.
- All drone pilots must operate in compliance with applicable Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) regulations and safety guidelines. Flying a drone in a reckless manner is a violation of federal law and FAA regulations and could result in civil fines or criminal action.
- Drones may not take off from, land on or fly over Union Pacific property unless the pilot is authorized to do so in writing by a specific agreement with Union Pacific.
For aerial photography/video requests, please contact Tom Lange, AVP-Corp. Comm., at email@example.com.