Flood Impact Update: Two Lines Return to Service
Announcement Number: CN2019-46
Categories: General Announcements
Posted Date: June 10, 2019
- Van Buren Subdivision (Fort Smith to North Little Rock, Arkansas)
- Local traffic around the Pine Bluff, Arkansas area
- Pinckneyville Subdivision (out of service near Chester, Missouri)
- River Subdivision (Kansas City to Jefferson City, Missouri)
- View the latest map of the flooding impact to our network.
- To view the best practices to follow during flooding events, please visit our Flood Planning and Recovery Page.
In light of the significant increase in embargoes due to the flooding and in order to prepare for the upcoming hurricane season, please be sure to sign up to receive Union Pacific embargo hold notices by logging into our notification dashboard (user ID and password required) and selecting Embargo Hold. You may also sign up to receive all AAR embargoes. By subscribing, you will be notified when your rail car(s) is subject to an active embargo and will provide you detailed information on what action is required.
Please note, original billing to an embargoed destination must always be submitted with a valid embargo permit. If a valid embargo permit has not been obtained, please discontinue billing to the embargoed destination until a valid embargo permit is acquired or the embargo has been lifted. If an embargoed rail car is billed without a valid embargo permit, Union Pacific reserves the right to send the rail car(s) back to origin.