- Access to more than 40,000 UMAX and 40,000 EMP, 53’ quality, domestic containers available in high-cube and ultra-wide sizes for individual loading preferences.
- A variety of UMAX and EMP equipment program products to meet customers’ specialized requirements.
- A reduction in transportation costs and improvement in product flows through the use of intermodal equipment.
- Expansive rail network across the U.S., Mexico and Canada reaching all major markets offering truck-competitive rail service in key lanes.
- State-of-the-art central information and reservation system, REZ-1, with real-time data on equipment availability, including customized reports to help streamline logistics processes and improve container management.
- Ability to easily make equipment reservations through REZ-1’s application.
- REZ-1 tailored reports delivered via email.
- Ability to reserve equipment in advance through REZ-1.
- Ability to secure equipment at Union Pacific “paper” ramps and drop lots.
- Competitively priced rail service and the advantage of unbundled pricing.
- Rail line haul charge separated from equipment use rate.
- The most environmentally responsible and highly efficient way to ship. Union Pacific trains can be double-stacked and can move the equivalent of 280 trucks--resulting in significant cost savings.
For UMAX-related questions, contact the Union Pacific Intermodal Equipment Team.