Oregon Pacific Railroad OPR #604
Nature of Firm
OPR provides freight service from a connection with UP at Canby, OR to Molalla, OR (10 miles), and from a connection with UP at East Portland, OR to Milwaukie, OR (4 miles). Traffic consists of lumber and poultry feeds.
The Canby to Molalla line was built in 1912 as part of an electric interurban line. This line was sold by the Southern Pacific in 1993 and became the Molalla Western Railroad and service was provided under contract by East Portland Traction Company. East Portland Traction Company and Molalla Western Railway were acquired by Dick Samuels on January 1, 1997 and in May 1998 combined and operated as Oregon Pacific Railroad.
|Interchange Points||Canby and East Portland, OR|
|Agreement Type||Handling Carrier|
|Information Exchange Method||Fax|