Prescott & Northwestern Railroad PNW #634
Nature of Firm
PNW operates five miles of switching track at Prescott, AR. Traffic is primarily roofing products.
This railroad was chartered in October 1890, and reorganized under the same name on January 2, 1892. The company proposed extensions from Highland to DeQueen, AR and from Prescott to Magnolia, AR; however, neither was built. It opened to the peach orchards in Highland in 1903. Passengers were carried until 1945. The railroad abandoned its line from Prescott to Highland in November 1994. Pinsly Railroad Company acquired the PNW in January 1, 2010.
Genesee & Wyoming, Inc.
|Interchange Points||Prescott, AR|
|Agreement Type||Handling Carrier|
|Information Exchange Method||RMI|