Submit COVID-19 Reporting Form Online, Bypass Nurse Helpline
COVID-19 Notification Process Updates
As Omicron cases continue surging, Union Pacific’s Health and Medical Services (HMS) team is enhancing the COVID-19 notification process to manage extremely high call volumes and expedite the process.
How to Complete the Reporting Process
Employees testing positive for COVID-19 or experiencing COVID-19 symptoms should:
- Complete the COVID-19 Reporting Form.
- Email completed form to COVIDFORM@UP.COM instead of calling the Nurse Helpline.
- Quarantine or isolate. Do not report to work.
- After reviewing the form, HMS will contact employees to confirm if their Medical Leave of Absence (MLOA) is granted and provide Return-to-Work instructions. Agreement employees will be notified by MyUP Portal Message and email; nonagreement employees via email.
- Please read the form for detailed Medical Leave of Absence (MLOA) and Return-to-Work instructions for agreement and nonagreement employees.
When to Contact the Nurse Helpline
Employees should only contact the Nurse Helpline (402-544-7011) if symptoms persist following their return-to-work date or if they have been in close contact with someone who is COVID-19 positive and believe they should quarantine. If you previously placed a call to the Nurse Helpline reporting you were COVID-19 positive or have COVID-19 symptoms and are still awaiting a return call, please complete the form and submit per the outlined instructions to expedite the review process.
What to Do if You Are Sick
Supplemental Pay Program Ending
Due to updated CDC vaccination and quarantine guidance, UP is ending its Supplemental Pay Program for agreement employees effective Jan. 18, 2022. All cases prior to this date will be evaluated and reviewed by Workforce Resources for consideration.