See the "Living Legend" No. 844 on the spring "Boise Turn Special"
Omaha, Neb., March 21, 2017
Union Pacific's "Living Legend" No. 844 steam locomotive will travel more than 1,600 miles during its roundtrip run to Boise, Idaho, to celebrate the 92nd anniversary of the historic Boise Depot and attend other events in various Idaho and Utah communities. The trip marks the second tri-state trip since the locomotive's three-year restoration.
No. 844 will traverse Union Pacific's main line through Wyoming, Utah and Idaho beginning April 18. Brief stops allowing visitors to see the locomotive up close are scheduled throughout the 11-day journey.
- Tuesday, April 18
- 9:45-10:15 a.m. MT, 1st & Kearney St. in Laramie, Wyo.
11:30 a.m.- Noon MT, McFadden Rd. Crossing in Medicine Bow, Wyo.
Revised: 11:45 a.m. - 12:15 p.m., Main St. & Front St. in Hanna, Wyo.
- 1:10-1:45 p.m. MT, 200 W. Front Street in Rawlins, Wyo.
- 2:35-3:15 p.m. MT, Broadway & Boyd St. in Wamsutter, Wyo.
- 4:45 p.m. MT, 501 S. Front St. in Rock Springs, Wyo.
- Wednesday, April 19
- 8:45-9:15 a.m. MT, N. 3rd & Railroad Ave. in Green River, Wyo.
- 10-10:30 a.m. MT, Main St. Crossing in Granger, Wyo.
- 11:30-12 p.m. MT, 720 Lignite St. in Kemmerer, Wyo.
- 1:30-2 p.m. MT, 12th & Washington St. in Montpelier, Idaho
- 2:45-3:15 p.m. MT, Main St. Crossing in Soda Springs, Idaho
- 4:45 p.m. MT, UP rail yard near N. Harrison Ave. & Omaha St. in Pocatello, Idaho
- Thursday, April 20
- 9 a.m.-5 p.m. MT, all-day display, N. Harrison Ave. & Omaha in Pocatello, Idaho
- Friday, April 21
- 9:25 -9:55 a.m. MT, County Rd. Crossing in Minidoka, Idaho
- 11:25 a.m. MT, Oregon St. Crossing in Gooding, Idaho
- Saturday, April 22
- 11-11:30 a.m. MT, Commercial St. Crossing in Glenns Ferry, Idaho
4:20 p.m.(Revised: 5:00 p.m.) MT, Boise Depot, 2063 W. Eastover Terrace, Boise, Idaho
- Sunday, April 23
- 9 a.m.-5 p.m. MT, all-day display, 2063 W. Eastover Terrace, Boise, Idaho
- Monday, April 24
- 11:15-11:45 a.m. MT, Commercial St. Crossing in Glenns Ferry, Idaho
- 1-1:30 p.m. MT, Apple St. Crossing in Shoshone, Idaho
- 3-3:30 p.m. MT, County Crossing near Broadway & Cherry St. in Minidoka, Idaho
- Tuesday, April 25
- 10-10:30 a.m. MT, Hwy 23 & W. 5600 North in Cache Jct., Idaho
- 11:30 a.m.-12:01 p.m. MT, Forest St. Crossing in Brigham City, Utah
- 1:15 p.m. MT, Ogden Depot, 2501 W. Wall Ave. in Ogden, Utah
- Wednesday, April 26
- 9 a.m.-5 p.m. MT, all-day display, Ogden Depot, Ogden, Utah
- Thursday, April 27
- 10:15-10:45 a.m. MT, 10th St. Depot in Evanston, Wyo.
- 12:15-12:45 p.m. MT, Main St. Crossing in Granger, Wyo.
- 1:30-2 p.m. MT, 200 E. Railroad Ave. in Green River, Wyo.
- Friday, April 28
- 9:45-10:15 a.m. MT, Broadway & Boyd St. in Wamsutter, Wyo.
- 11:15-11:45 a.m. MT, 200 W. Front St. in Rawlins, Wyo.
- 1-1:30 p.m. MT, McFadden Rd. Crossing in Medicine Bow, Wyo.
- 2:45-3:15 p.m. MT, 1st & Kearney St. in Laramie, Wyo.
Due to the dynamic nature of these operations, running times and scheduled stops are subject to change. Please check the current schedule along with comprehensive locations and display times, as well as route map and a GPS monitor of No. 844's location, at the following link: http://www.up.com/aboutup/special_trains/steam/details.shtml.
Housed in Union Pacific's Steam Shop in Cheyenne, Wyoming, No. 844 underwent a major overhaul and made its return to the rails for Cheyenne Frontier Days and the Big River Crossing event in Memphis, Tennessee, last year.
Details about No. 844's restoration are available in a series of blog posts and videos available via the InsideTrack section of Union Pacific's website at http://www.up.com/aboutup/community/inside_track/steam-update-3-14-2017.htm.
ABOUT UNION PACIFIC
Union Pacific Railroad is the principal operating company of Union Pacific Corporation (NYSE: UNP). One of America's most recognized companies, Union Pacific Railroad connects 23 states in the western two-thirds of the country by rail, providing a critical link in the global supply chain. From 2007-2016, Union Pacific invested approximately $34 billion in its network and operations to support America's transportation infrastructure. The railroad's diversified business mix includes Agricultural Products, Automotive, Chemicals, Coal, Industrial Products and Intermodal. Union Pacific serves many of the fastest-growing U.S. population centers, operates from all major West Coast and Gulf Coast ports to eastern gateways, connects with Canada's rail systems and is the only railroad serving all six major Mexico gateways. Union Pacific provides value to its roughly 10,000 customers by delivering products in a safe, reliable, fuel-efficient and environmentally responsible manner.
The statements and information contained in the news releases provided by Union Pacific speak only as of the date issued. Such information by its nature may become outdated, and investors should not assume that the statements and information contained in Union Pacific's news releases remain current after the date issued. Union Pacific makes no commitment, and disclaims any duty, to update any of this information.