Latino Employee Network (LEN) Scholarship Program
The mission of the Union Pacific Latino Employee Network is to recruit, retain and advance the careers of Latinx employees within Union Pacific by promoting a better understanding of the issues and concerns among Latinx employees and partnering with UP senior leadership on diversity issues. LEN also has established strong partnerships with the Omaha community through its social and cultural projects including the annual LEN Scholarship program.
The Union Pacific Latino Employee Network (LEN) Scholarship Program is available to Latinx high school seniors and undergraduate students in their first four years of college who are committed to furthering their education. Students are able to apply for the scholarship during all four years of their undergraduate program. The award is intended to cover any expense related to obtaining an education – including tuition, fees, housing, books, and/or a computer. Recipients are awarded up to $4,000 and are chosen on the basis of scholastic ability and leadership. Current employees and dependents of employees are ineligible for this scholarship. All decisions are within the discretion of the Latino Employee Network Scholarship Committee and are final.
Application are now being accepted! Please submit your application by midnight on April 30, 2021
- Scholarship Application
Includes application/accompanying information details and deadline information.
Tips to fill the LEN scholarship application
Make sure you have Adobe Acrobat Reader DC installed on your computer (it is required to open PDF files on your computer and fill them and saved them).
1) Download the Scholarship Application PDF file.
2) Open the downloaded file (most likely from your downloads folder) and type the information on the fields of the form.
3) Save your changes. (Click on menu bar File/Save or simply use the little icon with the Save Disk).
4) Double check all you information for any misspellings or errors.
5) Email the application to firstname.lastname@example.org this is a shared email that everyone in my committee has access to read emails.
Please ask the person that will write your recommendation letter to send them to the same email address.
We are glad that you are motivated to apply and we wish you success on your academic journey. Good luck! We are happy to help!