Response Management Communication Center (RMCC)

Who To Call

To Report Emergencies, contact UP Police at 1-888-877-7267.
Hearing or speech impaired using TTY equipment, dial 7-1-1 to access Telecommunications Relay Services.

Reporting Unusual or Suspicious Occurrences

Please call 1-888-UPRRCOP (877-7267) to report any of the following:

  • Hazardous materials releases
  • Personal injuries
  • Criminal activities
  • Illegal dumping
  • Vehicles stuck / stalled on the tracks, or other track obstructions
  • Other environmental issues, such as:
    • Petroleum Spills
    • Idling locomotives
    • Engines with excessive smoke
  • Community Event Notification/General Safe Crossing

Calling to Report Emergencies/Contact UP Police from Mexico?

Mexico has its own series of 800 numbers, so to make dialing U.S. numbers possible from a Mexico land line or Mexico-based cell carrier, you will need to replace the 800 prefix with the prefix shown below:

  • 888 numbers Dial 001-881-then the number. To call RMCC from Mexico change the number from 1-888-877-7267 to 00-1-881-877-7267.
    The number no longer will be toll-free, but it will connect.
  • An alternative is to dial RMCC direct: 00-1-402-544-7622

Other prefix changes are as follows:

  • 800 numbers Dial 001-880-then the number
    866 numbers Dial 001-883-then the number
  • 877 numbers Dial 001-882-then the number

Reporting Rough or Damaged Grade Crossings or Vegetation Concerns on Union Pacific Property

  • To report grade crossing blockages or damage, please call 1-800-848-8715.


To commend or complain about service provided by a Union Pacific special agent or by an RMCC Critical Call Dispatcher, please call our 24-hour, toll-free number at 888-877-7267, and request to speak with a supervisor.

Comments of this nature also can be sent to:

Union Pacific Railroad Police
1400 Douglas Street
Mail Stop 1040
Omaha, NE 68179