Response Management Communication Center (RMCC)
Who To Call
To Report Emergencies, contact UP Police at 1-888-877-7267.
Hearing or speech impaired using TTY equipment, dial 7-1-1 to access Telecommunications Relay Services.
Reporting Unusual or Suspicious Occurrences
Please call 1-888-UPRRCOP (877-7267) to report any of the following:
- Hazardous materials releases
- Personal injuries
- Criminal activities
- Illegal dumping
- Vehicles stuck / stalled on the tracks, or other track obstructions
- Other environmental issues, such as:
- Petroleum Spills
- Idling locomotives
- Engines with excessive smoke
Calling to Report Emergencies/Contact UP Police from Mexico?
Mexico has its own series of 800 numbers, so to make dialing U.S. numbers possible from a Mexico land line or Mexico-based cell carrier, you will need to replace the 800 prefix with the prefix shown below:
- 888 numbers Dial 001-881-then the number. To call RMCC from Mexico change the number from 1-888-877-7267 to 00-1-881-877-7267.
The number no longer will be toll-free, but it will connect.
- An alternative is to dial RMCC direct: 00-1-402-544-7622
Other prefix changes are as follows:
- 800 numbers Dial 001-880-then the number
866 numbers Dial 001-883-then the number
- 877 numbers Dial 001-882-then the number
Reporting Rough or Damaged Grade Crossings
- To report emergency grade crossing blockages or damage, please call 1-800-848-8715.
- To report rough crossings, or crossings blocked or obscured by vegetation (non-emergency situations only):
- within the state of California, please call (916) 789-6114
- for all other states, please call(888) 877-7267.
To commend or complain about service provided by a special agent or by an RMCC communication specialist, please call our 24-hour, toll-free number at 888-877-7267, and request to speak with a supervisor.
Comments of this nature also can be sent to:
Union Pacific Railroad Police
1400 Douglas Street
Mail Stop 1040
Omaha, NE 68179