Safe at Home Plate
We want to make sure your experience here is a safe one. When you’re around the railroad, it’s important to be conscious of your surroundings, and know what to do in case of an emergency:
- Always stay at least 25 feet from the ends of standing cars. Never walk between standing cars.
- Always step over, not on, the rail. Do not stand between the rails.
- When boarding or detraining, maintain your handhold until your feet are firmly on the ground or platform.
- Watch for holes, slippery spots or other obstructions on the ground or platform.
- Always board and detrain at attended vestibule doors.
- Smoking is not permitted on any Union Pacific property.