Union Pacific is very concerned about the safety and security of our customers' shipments, and we ask that you work with us to protect your lading. Union Pacific suggests all shippers follow these recommendations to protect their lading.
- Use of Union Pacific High-Value Protection program for products packaged for retail sale and valued at $100,000 or more.
- Apply theft deterrent seals on high-value loads.
- When possible, load high value products toward the nose of the trailer/container to conceal their location.
- Avoid using seals with a company name or logo.
- Avoid placing identifying marks on the outside of the trailer/container, such as company name or logo.
- Prior to loading, check all trailers/containers to ensure all locking devices are operating properly.
- Restrict information on shipments to key personnel only.