El Dorado & Wesson Railway EDW #247
Nature of Firm
EDW operates freight service from a connection with UP at El Dorado to Newell, AR (5.5 miles). Traffic is petroleum products, chemicals and medium density fiberboard.
The company was incorporated September 17, 1905 and opened 10.2 miles to Wesson, AR in October 1907. Passenger service ended about 1953. The line was abandoned between Wesson and Oak Hill (6.9 miles) in January 1959. It was reopened from Oak Hill to Newell (two miles) in 1961.
|Interchange Points||El Dorado, AR|
|Agreement Type|| |
Junction Settlement Carrier, except switch carrier for Lion Oil and Roseburg Forest Products.
|Information Exchange Method||n/a|