Fordyce & Princeton Railroad Company F&P #265
Nature of Firm
F&P operates freight service from a connection with UP at Fordyce to Crossett, AR (57 miles). F&P connects with Arkansas Louisiana & Mississippi Railroad (ALM) at Crossett, AR and provides haulage for ALM between Crossett and UP’s connection at Fordyce. Traffic consists of lumber and paper products.
The F&P was incorporated February 25, 1890 and opened a narrow gauge line from Fordyce to Toan, AR (9.4 miles). The line was converted to standard gauge in October 1907. Additional spurs were operated from Cynthiana to Trigg (6 miles), and the Bryants spur (11 miles). By 1962 the company had been reduced to 1.14 mile switching line at Fordyce. Then the Rock Island was abandoned and the company acquired the Rock Island line to Crossett. Service started in January 1981. The F&P had been owned by the Georgia Pacific Corporation from 1963 until GP sold the line to Genesee & Wyoming, Inc in March 2004.
Fordyce & Princeton Railroad Company
|Company Affiliation||Genesee & Wyoming, Inc.|
|Interchange Points||Fordyce, AR|
|Agreement Type||Interline Settlement Carrier|
Provides haulage between UP and ALM
|Information Exchange Method||RMI|