Louisiana & North West Railroad LNW #442
Nature of Firm
LNW operates freight service from McNeil, AR to Gibsland, LA (62.6 miles). The track from McNeil to Magnolia (6.5 miles), is leased from Union Pacific. Connections are made with UP at McNeil and the KCS Railroad at Gibsland, LA.
The company was incorporated December 3, 1889, as successor to the Louisiana North & South RR. The railroad opened Homer to Magnolia, AR in November 1889. By 1904, the line was opened from Magnolia south to Natchitoches, LA (117 miles), and was projected to run to Ft. Smith, AR (225 miles). The company failed in 1913 and operated in receivership until 1922 and again from 1935 to 1939 when the present corporation was formed. Passenger service was discontinued in 1948. Patriot Rail Corp. acquired the LNW railroad on June 10, 2008.
|Company Affiliation||Patriot Rail Corp.|
|Interchange Points||McNeil, AR|
|Agreement Type||Interline Settlement Carrier|
|Information Exchange Method||RMI|