Protect Your Heirs
To make sure the savings in your 401(k) retirement plan are distributed as you wish, you need to name a beneficiary. Naming a beneficiary for your retirement plan savings and keeping the designation up to date is important. If you’ve recently been married, divorced or had a child, it may be a good time to revisit your beneficiary designation.
Designating a beneficiary online is easy
You can easily and securely designate a beneficiary or update your beneficiary information online at www.vanguard.com
Follow these simple steps to access your beneficiary information:
- Long on to your account at www.vanguard.com
- Select My Profile (If you have multiple accounts with Vanguard, you may need to select Employer plans before you click My Profile)
- Select Beneficiaries
Note: If you are not registered for online account access, go to www.vanguard.com/register. You will need your plan number, which can be found on your most recent statement.
Prefer a Form?
Request a copy of the Beneficiary Designation form by contacting Vanguard Participant Services at 1-800-523-1188, Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 9 p.m. ET, or request a form online at www.vanguard.com.
- Select "Go to the Personal Investors Site"
- Click the "Plan Summary" tab
- On the "Plan Summary" page, click "Forms" which is located in the top tool bar. (If you are in more than one Union Pacific plan, you will need to select a plan name from the drop down menu to access the Plan Summary page.)
- Click "Plan-specific forms"
- Click "Beneficiary Designation"
Note: Participants in the C&NW Profit Sharing Retirement Savings Plan, Plan 092428, will need to complete a paper beneficiary designation form.