- UP Plays Important Role During Harvest Season
12/1/14 8:27 AM - Jeremy Ostransky is a fourth generation farmer in Bennington, Nebraska. When Ostransky was in high school, his grandpa gave him 15 acres to work. "I held on to the land while I studied agriculture business in college. After I graduated, I wanted to farm, but it just wasn’t going to work," Ostransky said. "So I went and got a full-time job, and farmed after work and on the weekends."
- From Rocket Scientist to Railroader, Meet Amber McDaniel
11/24/14 10:17 AM - Amber served her country as a member of the Army National Guard as well as in the Air Force. She is just one of the 10,000 veterans working for Union Pacific, answering the call, and helping to build America.
- Military Veteran Employees Featured in New Union Pacific Commercial
11/11/14 12:40 PM - Meet three of the Veterans featured in Union Pacific's new "Answering the Call" commercial.
- Tower 55 Project Benefits Railroads, Communities and the Environment
11/10/14 1:32 PM - The historic rail intersection located in Fort Worth can now accommodate an estimated 25 percent more train traffic, eliminating significant train delays.
- New Commercials Showcase Several UP Communities
10/27/14 3:33 PM - A look inside Union Pacific's new commercials.
- Proviso Proves Itself with International Audience
8/22/14 1:01 PM - African Delegation visits Union Pacific Proviso Yard to see first hand "how we railroad in America."
- Union Pacific On Board for the '10,000 Strong'
6/24/14 1:30 PM - Thank you, veterans, for your service. UP joins other LA companies as part of the '10,000 Strong Initiative.'
- Checking in with the Boyts
6/2/14 1:00 PM - Postscript to UP's 150th birthday celebration video remake contest with Brock and Nellie Boyts.
- Government Officials from Both Sides of the Border Help Launch Santa Teresa
5/30/14 4:37 PM - UP Chairman and CEO Jack Koraleski joined New Mexico Governor Susana Martinez, U.S. Senator Tom Udall, Chihuahua, Mexico, Governor Cesar Duarte and other local officials in launching the new 2,200 acre site, which officially opened April 1.
- Ceremony to Mark Opening of Landmark Facility
5/23/14 8:17 AM - A golden spike has been used to signify the completion of major new railroad construction projects since the joining of the Transcontinental Railroad back on May 10, 1869. That ceremony is fitting for the opening of the $400 million state-of-the-art facility located in southern New Mexico destined to be a strategic focal point for rail shipments in the southwestern United States.
- UP Committed to Those Who Served
5/9/14 4:17 PM - UP Executive Vice President and Corporate Secretary Diane Duran and UPVETS present donation of $150,000 to the Warrior Project ® (WWP), during special fiesta in Texas.
- New Concrete Tie Facility Supports U.S. Railroads
4/30/14 2:15 PM - These days, the ties that bind are made of concrete, and a new $22 million manufacturing plant in Clinton, Iowa, will be producing 600,000 of them annually.
- Illinois & Union Pacific Officials Announce Passenger Service
4/14/14 9:25 AM - Union Pacific has been working with Illinois Gov. Pat Quinn and the Illinois Department of Transportation to develop passenger service from Chicago to Elgin, Huntley, Belivdere and Rockford beginning in the spring of 2015. The project was announced at a ceremony held in Rockford April 10.
- Public Opinion Sought as UP Police Department Seeks CALEA Accreditation
4/4/14 7:45 AM - UP strives to achieve the prestigious recognition of CALEA accreditation, and asks the communities where we live and serve to offer input.