- Big Boy No. 4014 to Begin Historic Trek to Cheyenne
4/24/14 8:36 AM - The 1.2 million pound steam locomotive will be towed 1,293 miles by modern diesel-electric UP freight locomotives to UP’s Heritage Fleet Steam Operations headquarters in Cheyenne where it will undergo restoration for the next five years.
- Enthusiasm, Expertise Surrounds Big Boy Restoration
4/3/14 9:00 AM - Ed Dickens and a team of Union Pacific steam specialists prepare for the "Holy Grail of steam locomotive restorations."
- Ceremony Marks Delivery of UP No. 3105
2/28/14 6:45 AM - The arrival of UP No. 3105 locomotive to RailGiants Museum was a cause of both celebration and ceremony.
- UP No. 3105 Heads Home to RailGiants Museum
2/21/14 9:00 AM - The donated equipment will become part of the museum's mission to promote the preservation and documentation of all facets of railroading.
- Fans Welcome Big Boy No. 4014’s Return to the National Rail Network
1/27/14 2:29 PM - It was a historic day for Union Pacific’s steam program. After months of preparation, UP’s Big Boy No. 4014 returned to the national rail network in the early morning hours of Jan. 26, 2014, to the applause of the hundreds of rail fans on hand to experience the moment.
- Rail Fans Invited to Witness Big Boy No. 4014's Historic Return
1/20/14 7:59 AM - Pushed and pulled by modern diesel electric UP freight locomotives, Big Boy No. 4014 will depart Fairplex, home of the RailGiants Museum in Pomona, Calif., for the first time in 52 years.
- After 52 Years, No. 4014 Poised to Return to Rails
1/10/14 6:56 AM - Jan. 26 currently is the date set for No. 4014's next big step.
- Big Boy No. 4014 Prepares to Leave Pomona
11/14/13 7:40 AM - Before UP No. 4014 can hit the main line once again it first must cross the facility's parking lot. The plan calls for the UP Steam Team to install second-hand track panels, which will be "leap frogged" to connect to a staging area of the nearby Metro-Link rail line.
- Big Wheels Not Yet Turnin'
8/15/13 3:00 PM - The deal has been struck, but a lot of work remains to be done before the first wheel turns for the move from Pomona, Calif., to Cheyenne.
- Hot Times in Cheyenne
5/17/13 8:58 AM - Firebox repair for No. 844 means re-tooling at 1900 F.
- UP Living Legend No. 844 Prepping for 2013
4/4/13 2:30 PM - Work is under way in Cheyenne readying the Living Legend No. 844 for this year's Steam trips.