UP Distributing Cloth Face Coverings
Out of an abundance of caution and to supplement the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention's (CDC) recommendation to wear cloth face coverings in public settings where other social distancing measures are difficult to maintain, Union Pacific is distributing cloth reusable/washable face coverings to its employees at work locations systemwide.
Employees coming to work will be offered two face coverings: one to wear, and one to wash. Employees who have chosen to integrate the use of cloth face coverings into their lives at work and in other activities have been asked to continue to do so in accordance with CDC guidelines, as well as practice good social distancing consistent with Union Pacific's COVID-19 guidance:
- If you are sick, stay home.
- Where possible, maintain appropriate “social distancing” of six feet.
- Wash your hands frequently with soap and water for at least 20 seconds or use an alcohol-based hand cleaner if soap and water are not available.
- Avoid touching your nose, mouth, eyes and face.
- Use a tissue when you cough or sneeze and throw the tissue away, or cough or sneeze into the crook of your arm. If you sneeze or cough into your face covering, you may wish to replace it with a fresh one. Properly discard the soiled covering.
- Keep frequently touched common surfaces clean.
- Clean any shared workspace before beginning work.
- Maintain a healthy lifestyle. Get plenty of rest, stay hydrated and eat wholesome food.