If you are lucky enough to pronounce someone’s first name correctly, then good luck with their last name. In the U.S. alone, there are at least 151,000 different family names. Now, Union Pacific has a new tool allowing employees to audibly record and phonetically spell names within the company directory.
Union Pacific’s Beth Whited, executive vice president and Chief Human Resource Officer, was honored with three top industry and business awards in October, with one organization calling her a “decisive and thoughtful leader” whose commitment to diversity and inclusion has given the railroad industry “wider depth.”
You’ve heard of self-driving vehicles. How about self-operating cranes?
Big Boy No. 4014, Union Pacific’s 80-year-old legendary locomotive, is now equipped with one of the rail industry’s newest technologies – Positive Train Control (PTC), an advanced system designed to automatically stop a train before certain incidents occur.
You often hear it in the news – decreasing coal demand as cleaner, renewable energy sources take over. But did you know steel-making coal is actually a booming market?
Plastics producers have meaningful sustainability goals. Here’s how they’re pushing the needle forward – and using transportation to make a difference.
Every day Union Pacific transports high, wide and heavy loads for its customers. But do you know what goes into making those shipments happen?
Precision Train Builder simulates trains and their operations over hundreds of miles of track compressed into minutes, accurately identifying not only where to place rail cars within a train, but how much “power” — i.e., locomotives — to use, and where to place that power within the train for the most efficient and safe operation.
- Long Game Win Makes UP Big in South Korea 02102021
- Look Out Donner Pass: The Avalauncher Is Here 02022021
- Teamwork Pulls Off Epic Union Pacific Englewood Yard Project 01062021
- West Coast Ports: We’re Open and Ready for the Rebound 05052020
- Steel Wheels Keep on Turning, Thanks to Union Pacific Innovation 03162020
- Empowering Railroad Customers One API at a Time 01272020
- New High-Tech Equipment Speeds Used Railroad Tie Cleanup Process 01082020
- Union Pacific Brings 21st Century Technologies to Life with Positive Train Control Implementation 12162019
- Loup Logistics Looking to Extend Railroad’s Reach 12042019
- How Union Pacific's Actions Helped Customers and Communities Recover from the 2019 Flood 05282019
- New California Locomotives Designed to Reduce Emissions 11162018
- It’s All About Drag: Revolutionizing Railroad Fuel Conservation 08072018