Union Pacific published its first comprehensive Climate Action Plan Dec. 6, outlining the company’s steps to reduce its environmental impact, with an eye toward achieving net zero emissions by 2050.
Early this month, the Port of Montana’s newly installed rail infrastructure welcomed its first visitors in Butte’s Montana Connections Business Development Park.
Planet Tracks is on the move.
A multiyear effort by several UP departments, CADX was developed in-house and brings numerous operational and safety efficiencies. The technology allows dispatchers to line signals and switches while issuing restrictions and authorities through the system.
If you’re like most consumers, you probably don’t visualize that gaming console or gym equipment you purchased last night on your cell phone as traveling on a Union Pacific train en route to your porch.
On National STEM Day, we’re celebrating employees who help make it all happen. Short for science, technology, engineering and math, STEM plays a major role in almost all aspects of transportation.
Handheld mobile devices equipped with DigiCrew are making their way into the hands of UP conductors and locomotive engineers, boosting efficiency. The DigiCrew app marks a fundamental shift in the way employees interact with their mobile device, combining work previously done in multiple applications – like Mobile Work Order and Mobile Terminal – into a single interface.
If you are lucky enough to pronounce someone’s first name correctly, then good luck with their last name. In the U.S. alone, there are at least 151,000 different family names. Now, Union Pacific has a new tool allowing employees to audibly record and phonetically spell names within the company directory.
- Union Pacific Executive Honored with Three Awards, Including 2021 ‘Railway Woman of the Year’ 10202021
- Union Pacific Testing Autonomous Cranes That Operate Like High-Tech Robots 09302021
- Big Boy Flexes Its Muscles with Positive Train Control 08192021
- Diamond in the Rough: How the UP Team Hustled to Earn New Coal Business 08132021
- Plastics and Sustainability: How Dow and Braskem Are Working Toward a Greener Future 06222021
- Wide Load: Clearance Team's Efforts Result in Safe Shipments 03312021
- New UP-Developed Technology Builds Better, Safer Trains 02122021
- Long Game Win Makes UP Big in South Korea 02102021
- Look Out Donner Pass: The Avalauncher Is Here 02022021
- Teamwork Pulls Off Epic Union Pacific Englewood Yard Project 01062021
- West Coast Ports: We’re Open and Ready for the Rebound 05052020
- Steel Wheels Keep on Turning, Thanks to Union Pacific Innovation 03162020