Union Pacific's GHG Reduction Goals Get a Lift from Hybrid Cranes
Union Pacific finalized contracts to purchase and test four hybrid cranes for use in its intermodal yards. These hybrid cranes are expected to consume at least 50% less diesel than standard cranes.
Paper Folds Neatly into Union Pacific’s Sustainability Goals
Railroads are a perfect fit for the scrap and recycled paper industry’s transportation needs, as bundled bales of scrap paper and recycled boxes stack neatly and efficiently into rail cars.
Anheuser-Busch Partners with Union Pacific for Wholesale Delivery
Back in the 1880s, Anheuser-Busch founder Adolphus Busch pioneered the use of refrigerated rail cars to transport the company’s product. More than 100 years later, the brewery is returning to its rail roots in a big way in 2023, with the help of Union Pacific Railroad.
Texas Siding Projects Expedite Track Speed
Everything really IS bigger in Texas – Union Pacific's construction, rail, signal, surfacing and tie teams have been busy tackling an expansive series of track projects designed to upgrade the state’s rail potential.
New Intermodal Facility Connects Oregon with Supply Chain Solutions
Union Pacific is ready to serve a new intermodal center located on its main line in the Pacific Northwest.
Twin Cities Intermodal Terminal Project Streamlines Operations
Union Pacific's Twin Cities Intermodal Terminal is strategically located in the heart of the Minneapolis-St. Paul metropolitan area, offering regional shippers fast, direct and reliable intermodal service to key markets with domestic intermodal service between the Twin Cities and Los Angeles.
Union Pacific’s State-of-the-Art Grain Transload Facility Is Win-Win for Ag Producers and Ocean Carriers
Located in the middle of some of the richest, most productive farmland in the nation, Union Pacific's new grain transload facility will reduce transportation costs for Midwest agricultural producers while creating efficiencies for ocean carriers and the nation’s overall supply chain.
On Track to Growth: New Mexico Siding Project Boosts Capacity
In 2022, Union Pacific will invest around $3.4 billion in capital – much of which will go toward hardening the railroad’s infrastructure and increasing capacity through siding extensions like the one recently completed in Oscuro, New Mexico.
- RailPulse: Next-Gen Rail Car Tracking 10212022
- Loup Logistics Carrier Conference Builds Strong Connections 10142022
- Driving Toward Sustainability: Union Pacific Grows Its Electric Vehicle Fleet 10042022
- Union Pacific and Shell Form Strategic Alliance to Accelerate Sustainability across Industrial America 09222022
- Loup Logistics Earns 2022 Industry Honor for Logistics Excellence 08022022
- Union Pacific Investment in Modernized Locomotives is Largest in History 07272022
- Air Forced One: A One-Trick Pony No Longer 07152022
- From Steam to Green - Union Pacific Embraces Biofuels 07142022
- FRA Grants Improve Union Pacific’s Network Extension with Short Lines 06282022
- Driven Union Pacific Team Tackles Iowa Bridge Replacement 06172022
- Summer Interns Sign On For New Adventure at Union Pacific 05242022
- Wired Up: Union Pacific's Rahul Jalali Earns Industry Honors 05042022