The nearshoring trend in Mexico may be a new buzzword to some, but Union Pacific Railroad began preparing for the production and manufacturing growth underway in that country several years ago.
“Big ideas” are key to driving Union Pacific’s vision of Safety + Service & Operational Excellence – something the railroad’s Tech team has never shied away from.
With Safety + Service & Operational Excellence the cornerstone of discussion, Union Pacific recently held customer forums to bring together leaders from the railroad and more than 100 customers.
A historic level of federal dollars is available to help communities nationwide separate highway and train traffic and Union Pacific is doing its part to help cities like Houston and others compete for these competitive grants.
Following record-breaking amounts of rain in California, Union Pacific’s Engineering and Operating teams restored service Aug. 28, repairing track and bridges. The railroad took proactive measures prior to the storm to stage rail ballast and panels, electric generators and personnel in the impacted area.
When it comes to reducing greenhouse gas emissions, Union Pacific and Canadian National (CN) are aligned.
A new piece of equipment designed by Union Pacific Engineering employees is enhancing safety and productivity as rail gangs do crucial work maintaining the railroad’s infrastructure.
New high-speed rail service that allows passenger trains to travel up to 110 mph between Chicago and St. Louis got a key assist from one of the nation’s largest freight train operators – Union Pacific Railroad.
- Waste Not, Want More: Union Pacific and WM Team Up for the Planet 04142023
- Union Pacific's GHG Reduction Goals Get a Lift from Hybrid Cranes 02222023
- Paper Folds Neatly into Union Pacific’s Sustainability Goals 01262023
- Anheuser-Busch Partners with Union Pacific for Wholesale Delivery 01122023
- Texas Siding Projects Expedite Track Speed 01112023
- New Intermodal Facility Connects Oregon with Supply Chain Solutions 12292022
- Twin Cities Intermodal Terminal Project Streamlines Operations 12132022
- Union Pacific’s State-of-the-Art Grain Transload Facility Is Win-Win for Ag Producers and Ocean Carriers 11162022
- On Track to Growth: New Mexico Siding Project Boosts Capacity 11102022
- RailPulse: Next-Gen Rail Car Tracking 10212022
- Loup Logistics Carrier Conference Builds Strong Connections 10142022
- Driving Toward Sustainability: Union Pacific Grows Its Electric Vehicle Fleet 10042022