Upcoming AAR Rule Change Impacts OT-5 Process
Announcement Number: CN2019-72
Categories: General Announcements
Posted Date: December 17, 2019
To Our Customers,
We would like to inform you of an upcoming AAR rule change that may impact your business. This change will impact customers with privately-owned equipment and those that use the OT-5 process. The OT-5 process is being replaced with OT-57 which will simplify the Loading Authority for both customers and railroads.
Highlights of streamlined approach:
- Railroads will no longer approve private cars for loading.
- Commodity information will no longer be required.
- Loading point information will no longer be required.
The new process will require the following information:
- Contact name, number and email (registered in FindUs.Rail at www.Railinc.com)
- Storage location(s) (delivering railroad, FSAC, SPLC, CIF)
- Car initial and number (uploaded via CSV or entered manually)
How to Prepare for February 2, 2020 Deadline
If you are a controlling entity for a fleet of private marked rail cars in the Loading Authority OT-5 system, you will need to register your contact information at FindUs.Rail and register your equipment in the Loading Authority OT-57. Mechanical safety to be reviewed through DDCT (Damaged and Defective Car Tracking).
If you own your rail equipment mark, you can register your fleet now. All rail cars are required to be registered prior to February 2, 2020.
If you need assistance with this process, please contact the Railinc Customer Success center at firstname.lastname@example.org or 877-724-5462.
If you have additional questions, please contact your Union Pacific representative.