Hurricane Zeta Impacting Operations
Announcement Number: CN2020-59
Categories: General Announcements
Posted Date: October 29, 2020
To Our Customers,
Hurricane Zeta made landfall as a Category 2 storm along the southeastern Louisiana coast yesterday. Following is a summary of current conditions:
- The inspection process is complete on impacted areas of our network and all rail service has been restored.
- Generators are being utilized in areas without power.
- Interchange with eastern carriers over New Orleans is expected to resume later today. Due to power outages throughout the impacted area, our ability to interchange with these carriers will be reduced until commercial power returns.
- Interchange with the New Orleans Public Belt (NOPB) remains closed, opening is yet to be determined.
- Union Pacific's Avondale, Louisiana, intermodal terminal will remain closed, Thursday, October 29. Many local roads are impassable due to downed power lines and the terminal does not currently have power. We are hopeful we will reopen the terminal on Friday, October 30 and will advise as soon as that determination is made.
Customers in the affected area with facilities or tracks out of service should open a case in Case Management. Please refer to the detailed instructions on our Hurricane Planning and Recovery page so we are aware of these outages.
Thank you for your patience as we work to safely restore operations. If you have any questions, please contact Customer Care & Support at 800-272-8777 or your Union Pacific representative.