Winter Weather Operations Update
Announcement Number: CN2021-16
Categories: General Announcements
Posted Date: February 20, 2021
To Our Customers,
We continue to make progress with our recovery efforts as the arctic weather has subsided throughout our network.
Midwest Region Impact
- The Chicago terminal is still recovering from significant snowfall and working to resume normal operations.
Southern Region Impact
- Road conditions south of Little Rock, Arkansas, continue to impact our ability to transport crews.
- Areas within Arkansas and Missouri continue to recover from an extended snowfall event and are working to resume normal operations.
- While the number of locations operating with the use of generators has decreased significantly, our engineering team continues to install and relocate generators across portions of South Texas.
- We continue to re-balance our crews to align with train flows in South Texas, Louisiana, Arkansas and Southern Missouri.
Customers should continue to anticipate delays on shipments in the impacted areas until recovery efforts are complete and as we clear the accumulation of car inventories generated from the storms.
Be Prepared for Service
It is especially important to offer safe access to your facility and be prepared for rail service during winter weather. All privately owned track must be cleared of snow and ice at industry, including rail switches, road crossings, walking paths and track right of way. Safety remains our top priority for our employees and customers during this recovery event.
How To Communicate Industry Curtailments
Customers in the affected area with facilities out of service as a result of the recent weather events should open a case in Case Management (user ID and password required). Select Create a Case in the Get Help box (select Search Criteria and enter an equipment ID for your location) and then choose Case Reason Manifest Equipment Transit Delays and Case Sub-Reason Facility Status Updates - Manifest Regions. Please include the information outlined below in the Description Field.
- Damage or tracks out of service
- Estimated facility repair time
- Resumption of operations
- Request service when repairs complete
We remain focused on delivering your freight as quickly as possible. We appreciate your patience. If you have any questions, please contact Customer Care & Support at 800-272-8777 or your Union Pacific representative.