Los Angeles Area Domestic Ingate Closures Following Hurricane Hilary
Announcement Number: PR2023-97
Categories: All Premium
Posted Date: August 23, 2023
Dear Premium Customers,
As work continues to restore service in Southern California, route inaccessibility has resulted in a backlog of trains awaiting movement through the impacted corridor. In order to prevent further and potentially lingering service interruptions, it is necessary to restrict ingate activity at multiple domestic terminals in the Los Angeles area. At 17:00 PT, August 23, 2023, the following ingate restrictions will commence:
- City of Industry to Chicago, Illinois Global 2 and all interline destinations.
- East Los Angeles to Marion, Arkansas and all CSX Southeast U.S. destinations, including: Charlotte, North Carolina; Fairburn, Georgia; all Florida destinations and Nashville, Tennessee.
- East Los Angeles to Mesquite, Texas.
- East Los Angeles to all Norfolk Southern Southeast U.S. destinations, including: Austell, Georgia; Charlotte, North Carolina and all Florida destinations.
- LATC to all CSX and Norfolk Southern interline destinations.
At this time, we anticipate this ingate suspension will end at 17:00 PT on August 25, 2023 and are hopeful ingates could resume sooner. Per diem relief for EMP/UMAX equipment will be provided for the duration of the gate suspension. In addition, please carefully review our Intermodal Terminal Reservation system, as tactical changes may be necessary in these and/or other lanes to enable fluid operations.
Customers can help us by outgating all equipment notified for pick up, to help ensure ingate activity can resume as soon as possible. We will provide an update as soon as additional information is available.
We appreciate your assistance and cooperation as we work to restore normal operations safely and as quickly as possible. Please contact your Union Pacific representative with any questions.
Premium Marketing and Sales