See the 'Living Legend' No. 844 on its Trek to Tennessee
Omaha, Neb., October 3, 2016
Union Pacific's 'Living Legend' No. 844 steam locomotive will travel more than 1,200 miles one-way to celebrate the Oct. 22 opening of Big River Crossing in Memphis, Tennessee. The trek is the first multi-state venture since the locomotive's three-year restoration.
No. 844 will traverse Union Pacific's main line through Wyoming, Nebraska, Kansas, Missouri, Illinois, Oklahoma, Arkansas and Tennessee beginning Oct. 13. Brief stops are scheduled throughout the 19-day roundtrip journey.
- Thursday, Oct. 13
- 9:30-10 a.m. MT, E. 1st St. & S. Walnut St. in Kimball, Neb.
- 11:30 a.m.-12 p.m. MT, Oberfelter St. & Front St. in Lodgepole, Neb.
- 1:30-2 p.m. MT, S. Spruce St. Crossing in Ogallala, Neb.
- 4:30 p.m. CT, E. Front St. in North Platte, Neb.
- Friday, Oct. 14
- 9:15-9:45 a.m. CT, Meridian & Hwy 30 in Cozad, Neb.
- 11-11:30 a.m. CT, Pawnee Road Crossing in Gibbon, Neb.
- 1:15-1:45 p.m. CT, C Street Crossing in Belvidere, Neb.
- 2:20 p.m. CT, Rock Island Depot in Fairbury, Neb.
- Saturday, Oct. 15
- 9:30-10 a.m. CT, 609 N. 2nd St. in Marysville, Kan.
- 10:30-10:45 a.m. CT, West 2nd St. Crossing in Frankfort, Kan.
- 12:15-12:45 p.m. CT, 701 N. Kansas Ave. in Topeka, Kan.
- 1:30-2 p.m. CT, Old Depot, 402 N. 2nd St. in Lawrence, Kan.
- 3:30 p.m. CT, 30 W. Pershing Rd in Kansas City, Mo.
- Sunday, Oct. 16
- 9 a.m.-5 p.m. CT, 30 W. Pershing Rd in Kansas City, Mo.
- Monday, Oct. 17
- 9-9:15 a.m. CT, S. Hudson St. in Buckner, Mo.
- 9:45-10 a.m. CT, 10th St. Crossing in Lexington, Mo.
- 11:30 a.m.-12 p.m. CT, Route K Crossing in Blackwater, Mo.
- 12:30-12:45 p.m. CT, Near 4th & Water St. in Boonville, Mo.
- 2 p.m. CT, North of W. Main St. Jefferson City, Mo.
- Tuesday, Oct. 18
- 9:15-9:45 a.m. CT, Boat Ramp Road in Hermann, Mo.
- 10:30-10:45 a.m. CT, 301 W. Front St. in Washington, Mo.
- 11:15-11:45 a.m. CT, First St. in Pacific, Mo.
- 12:15-12:45 p.m. CT, 110 W. Argonne Dr. in Kirkwood, Mo.
- 1:30 p.m. CT, S. Ewing Ave. & Papin St. in St. Louis, Mo.
- Wednesday, Oct. 19
- 9 a.m. CT, N. Main St. & Carondelet Ave. Crossing in Dupo, Ill.
- 9:45-10 a.m. CT, Henry St. in Prairie du Rocher, Ill.
- 10:30-11 a.m. CT, Rock Bridge Road & Water St. in Chester, Ill.
- 11:30-11:45 a.m. CT, Lake St. Crossing in Gorham, Ill.
- 12:15-12:30 p.m. CT, State Forest Road in Wolf Lake, Ill.
- 1 p.m. CT, Thebes Bridge (pass-through) in Thebes, Ill.
- 1:15-1:30 p.m. CT, Oak St. Crossing in Scott City, Mo.
- 2:30-3:45 p.m. CT, Co. Rd. 517A & Co. Rd. 527 Crossing in Bloomfield, Mo.
- 4:30 p.m. CT, Co. Rd. 708 & Co. Rd. 712 in Dexter Junction, Mo.
- Thursday, Oct. 20
- 9:15-9:30 a.m. CT, Main St. Crossing in Piggott, Ark.
- 10:15-10:45 a.m. CT, E. Main St. Crossing in Paragould, Ark.
- 11:45 a.m.-12:01 p.m. CT, E. Hamilton Road Crossing in Harrisburg, Ark.
- Saturday, Oct. 22
- 9:45-11:30 a.m. CT, Harahan Bridge in Memphis, Tenn.
- Monday, Oct. 24
- 10:30-11 a.m. CT, Martin Luther King St. Crossing in Wynne, Ark.
- 12:15-12:45 p.m. CT, S. Elm St. Crossing in Bald Knob, Ark.
- 2:15 p.m. CT, 1000 W. 4th St. in North Little Rock, Ark.
- Tuesday, Oct. 25
- 9:30-9:45 a.m. CT, Main St. Crossing in Conway, Ark.
- 11-11:30 a.m. CT, Old Depot in Russellville, Ark.
- 1:30 p.m. CT, Main St. & 2nd Ave. in Van Buren, Ark.
- Wednesday, Oct. 26
- 9-9:15 a.m. CT, Elm St. Crossing in Sallisaw, Okla.
- 10:45-11:15 a.m. CT, SW 5th St. & Jackson Ave. in Wagoner, Okla.
- 12:15-12:30 p.m. CT, N. Cherokee Crossing in Claremore, Okla.
- 1:15-1:30 p.m. CT, Near US-60/E. Cherokee Ave. Crossing in Nowata, Okla.
- 2:15 p.m. CT, Near Atlantic & Colorado in Coffeyville, Kan.
- Thursday, Oct. 27
- 9:45-10:15 a.m. CT, US-54 & Otter Road in Durand, Kan.
- 12-12:15 p.m. CT, W. Main St. Crossing in Osawatomie, Kan.
- 3:15 p.m. CT, 30 W. Pershing Road in Kansas City, Mo.
- Friday, Oct. 28
- 9 a.m.-5 p.m. CT, 30 W. Pershing Rd in Kansas City, Mo.
- Saturday, Oct. 29
- 9-9:15 a.m. CT, 402 N. 2nd St. in Lawrence, Kan.
- 10-10:30 a.m. CT, 701 N. Kansas Ave. in Topeka, Kan.
- 12:15 p.m. CT, 602 N. 2nd in Marysville, Kan.
- Sunday, Oct. 30
- 9:45-10:15 a.m. CT, C Street Crossing in Belvidere, Neb.
- 12-12:30 p.m. CT, Pawnee Road Crossing in Gibbon, Neb.
- 1:30-2 p.m. CT, 202 W. Pacific Ave. in Lexington, Neb.
- 3:30 p.m. CT, Downtown on E. Front St. in North Platte, Neb.
- Monday, Oct. 31
- 9:30-10 a.m. MT, S. Spruce St. Crossing in Ogallala, Neb.
- 11:30 a.m.-12 p.m. MT, 10th & Grant St. in Sidney, Neb.
- 1:30-2 p.m. MT, Main St. Crossing in Pine Bluffs, Wyo.
- 3:30 p.m. MT, Steam Shop in Cheyenne, Wyo.
Due to the dynamic nature of these operations, running times and scheduled stops are subject to change. A comprehensive schedule including locations and display times, as well as route map and a GPS monitor of No. 844's location, is available at http://www.up.com/aboutup/special_trains/steam/details.shtml.
Housed in Union Pacific's Steam Shop in Wyoming, No. 844 underwent a major overhaul and made its return to the rails for Cheyenne Frontier Days in late July.
Details about No. 844's restoration are available in a series of blog posts and videos available via the InsideTrack section of Union Pacific's website at http://www.up.com/aboutup/community/inside_track/heritage/index.htm.
ABOUT UNION PACIFIC
Union Pacific Railroad is the principal operating company of Union Pacific Corporation (NYSE: UNP). One of America's most recognized companies, Union Pacific Railroad connects 23 states in the western two-thirds of the country by rail, providing a critical link in the global supply chain. From 2006-2015, Union Pacific invested approximately $33 billion in its network and operations to support America's transportation infrastructure. The railroad's diversified business mix includes Agricultural Products, Automotive, Chemicals, Coal, Industrial Products and Intermodal. Union Pacific serves many of the fastest-growing U.S. population centers, operates from all major West Coast and Gulf Coast ports to eastern gateways, connects with Canada's rail systems and is the only railroad serving all six major Mexico gateways. Union Pacific provides value to its roughly 10,000 customers by delivering products in a safe, reliable, fuel-efficient and environmentally responsible manner.
The statements and information contained in the news releases provided by Union Pacific speak only as of the date issued. Such information by its nature may become outdated, and investors should not assume that the statements and information contained in Union Pacific's news releases remain current after the date issued. Union Pacific makes no commitment, and disclaims any duty, to update any of this information.
- About Steam Locomotive No. 844 History and Statistics for UP's "Living Legend"
- Steam Locomotive Tracking Track the current location of No. 844
- "Trek to Tennessee" Schedule
- @UP_Steam Follow No. 844's current location on Twitter