Gulf Region Rail Operations Update
Announcement Number: CN2017-65
Categories: General Announcements
Posted Date: August 31, 2017
To Our Customers,
Our Gulf Coast operations continue to be impacted by the aftermath of Tropical Storm Harvey. Following are updates since our last notice:
- Repairs have been completed between Houston and Bryan, Texas.
- Repairs have been completed between Houston and Angleton, Texas.
- Work has been completed to begin switching operations over the next two days in areas south of our primary rail yards (Englewood and Settegast) including Angleton, La Porte and Freeport, Texas.
- Repairs between Houston and San Antonio are among our areas of focus today. Once repaired, this will allow us to operate trains directly between San Antonio and Houston.
- Repairs to track and signals, as well as bridge inspections continue where we have access. In areas where we have no road access, such as in the Baytown, Texas area, we continue to utilize helicopters and drones to inspect areas by air.
We have removed some embargo locations from the Houston area. A complete list of active Union Pacific embargoes can be viewed on our embargo page. The embargoes are for all rail traffic, including intermodal equipment and automotive shipments. Customers should consider diverting cars away from the impacted areas.
As of yesterday, we have issued additional embargoes:
- All Union Pacific shipments interchanged at Brownsville, Texas.
- Including 36 rail stations in the Beaumont/Orange, Texas areas including Amelia and Port Arthur.
If you have questions regarding the movement of specific rail equipment, please continue to input Service Issues via our secure customer website MyUPRR.com (User ID and password required). Our Hurricane Hotline is 800-365-6963 and should be used by our customers to report any damage to facilities that would impact our ability to provide service once operations resume. This information should include damage or tracks out of service and estimated facility repair time.
Please contact the National Customer Service Center or your Union Pacific representative with any questions.
This map is for illustrative purposes only. The map is not inclusive of all industrial leads, branch lines, or yards. Please refer to the embargo page for a complete list of active embargoes and rail station listings.