Flood Recovery Update; Easter Holiday Operating Plan
Announcement Number: CN2019-24
Categories: General Announcements
Posted Date: April 12, 2019
To Our Customers,
We continue to make progress restoring operations through our Midwest corridor. Following are the remaining areas that are impacted:
Falls City Subdivision (Council Bluffs, Iowa, to Kansas City, Kansas)
- The rail bridge over the Platte River is estimated to reopen the latter part of May. All local customers in the impacted area are receiving rail service.
Lincoln Subdivision (Valley to Lincoln, Nebraska)
- Repairs are underway and the estimated time of opening is the latter part of April.
St. Paul, Minnesota and Surrounding Areas
- We continue to monitor flood conditions and flood gate closures in the area as water levels are expected to remain elevated through the end of this month.
Please continue to refer to the resources below for the most updated information.
- Current embargo notices related to outages.
- Flood Planning & Recovery web page includes the latest map of impacted areas.
Upcoming Easter Holiday Operating Plan
In anticipation of the forthcoming holiday, we want to update you on operations during this time to meet your service expectations.
Yard, local, manifest, bulk, automotive, and intermodal networks will all operate during the Easter weekend holiday. Adjustments to normal operations will align with customer demand.
- Major interchange locations will remain open. Mexican and Canadian interchange gateways will have normal operations.
- Bulk, automotive and intermodal trains will operate, based on customer demand. Active trains will continue to final destination.
- Yard and local train operations will run based on customer needs, crews permitting.
* This operating plan is subject to change in the event of a major service interruption or weather event.
Request Service During the Holiday
If your facility requires service during the holiday, please submit a Service Issue (user ID and password required) to request a holiday switch prior to close of business on Tuesday, April 16, 2019. You may also contact Customer Care & Support at 800-272-8777 to request service during the holiday.
Thank you for your cooperation. On behalf of all of the employees of Union Pacific, we would like to wish you a safe and happy holiday. If you have any questions, please contact Customer Care & Support at 800-272-8777 or your Union Pacific representative.