Memorial Day Operating Plan
Announcement Number: CN2022-26
Categories: General Announcements
To Our Customers,
In anticipation of the forthcoming Memorial Day holiday, we would like to update you on operations during this time to meet your service expectations.
- Network operations should be expected to run as normal during the holiday.
- Adjustments to local operations may be made to align with customer holiday demand.
- Major interchange locations will remain open and run as normal.
- Please continue to monitor embargoes for congestion related to the FXE system migration via the Railinc AAR Embargo System (enter "UP" in Issuing Roads field for corresponding embargoes).
- Union Pacific's Intermodal holiday plan can be accessed here.
How To Communicate Critical Needs and Industry Curtailments
We are focused on meeting customer expectations and aligning local operations with customer demand. To communicate or confirm critical facility switching needs during the holiday, please access Case Management (user ID and password required) to request holiday service prior to the close of business on Thursday, May 26, 2022, or by contacting Customer Care & Support at 800-272-8777 to request service. You may also notify us of any plant curtailments by opening a case in Case Management and selecting "Facility Status Update" as the reason.
On behalf of all of the employees of Union Pacific, we would like to wish you a safe and happy holiday.
This operating plan is subject to change in the event of a major service interruption or weather event.