Announcement Number: CN2022-28
Categories: General Announcements
Posted Date: May 17, 2022
To Our Customers,
We continue to see positive recovery signs across the network. Union Pacific is closely monitoring three key Operating metrics as indicators of network fluidity and reporting weekly to the Surface Transportation Board.
Last Week’s Progress: May 6 through May 13
- Operating Car Inventory: Removed 1,887 cars from our inventory, which reflects active inventory minus cars placed at customers’ facilities.
- Car Velocity: Increased from 184 to 188 miles per day.
- Train Speed: Increased from 23.3 mph to 23.7 mph.
Progress April 16 through May 13
- Operating Car Inventory: Removed 10,208 cars from our inventory.
- Car Velocity: Increased from 177 to 188 miles per day.
- Train Speed: Increased from 22.9 mph to 23.7 mph.
As always, our Operating key metrics are reported weekly to the American Association of Railroads.
A hiring update will be provided in next week’s report. As of May 6, 667 new hires began training and 223 graduated so far in 2022.