Successful grant applications will meet the following criteria:
- Clear alignment with a cause area and its related objective(s) as described in Funding Priorities & Objectives.
- Demonstrated need for the program or project;
- Demonstrated capacity of the organization to deliver quality programming and meet established goals;
- Potential for positive social benefit across broad and diverse populations;
- Demonstrated commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI), within the grantee organization and/or its programs.*
*The Union Pacific Community Ties Giving Program considers applicants' commitment to DEI across three dimensions: the focus/purpose of the grant itself; the target population served; and the applicant organization's culture, structure and commitment to DEI.