AAR Open Top Loading or Closed Car Rule Updates
For Solicitations of Comments for Revision:
In accordance with the requirements of AAR Rule 123, comments are herein solicited and should be sent with any additional attachments to:
Manager-AAR Loading Rules and Damage Prevention
P.O. Box 11130
55500 DOT Road
Pueblo, CO 81001
Or send an email.
All comments received within 30 days from the date of the Circular Letter will be considered by the OTLR Committee prior to any action on the implementation of these changes.
Access More AAR Rules
All AAR open top loading and closed car loading standards are available online for free download.
As a courtesy, we are providing the following information to inform our customers about new AAR rule changes. For more information regarding AAR rule updates, please contact Brent Lichty, Senior Engineer - Shipment Quality.
Implementation of Revisions
- GIS 816: Pallet Grip Stretch Wrap (CCLG Part 1, Section 5.4.3; CCLG Part 6, Section 4.6.3 - NEW)
- GIS 815: Doorway Protection for Baled Paper and Wood Pulp Products in Boxcars (Cancels GIS 806; CCLG Part 8, Section 8.4 (revised))
- GIS 814: Bales of Wood Pulp in Boxcars (CCLG Part 8, Section 6.5.1 (revised); Section 6.5.5 (NEW); (Cancels GIS 805)
- GIS 813: Roll Paperboard in Boxcars with Doorway Stack on Risers and Rubber Mats (Cancels GIS No. 763)
- GIS 812: 49 in. Diameter Roll Paper Loaded in 50 ft. and 60 ft. Cushioned Boxcars Using Horizontal Airbags (CCLG Part 2, Section 8, 50 ft. Cars - 49 in. Diameter Rolls; 60 ft. Cars - 49 in. Diameter Rolls)
- GIS 811: Plastic Intermediate Bulk Containers with Disposable Inflatable Dunnage Bags - Horen (CCLG Part 7, Section 6.11 - NEW)
- Circular Letter: C-13308 Implementation of Revisions to Figure 78-B Section 6 - Military Tanks and Similar units, Over 30,000 LB to 100,000 LB, Inclusive, Secured with Chains (OTLR)
- Circular Letter: C-13307 Implementation of Revisions to General Rule 21 and Glossary, Section 1 General Rules (OTLR)
- GIS 810: Reinforced Longitudinal Void Fillers for Plastic, Metal, or Wood Intermeditate Bulk containers with Tomato Products (CCLG Part 7, Section 6.1.6, 6.2.10, 6.3.6, 6.10.6-revised)
- GIS 809: Metal Intermediate Bulk Containers with Disposable Inflatable Dunnage Bags and Lengthwise Void Fillers - Goodpack USA (CCLG Part 7, Section 6.10 - NEW)
- GIS 808: 45 in. Diameter Roll Paper Loaded in 50 ft. Cushioned Boxcars Using Horizontal Airbags (CCLG Part 2, Load Pattern 22.214.171.124, NEW)
- GIS 807: 54 in. Diameter Roll Paper in 60 ft. Cushioned Boxcars with 16 ft. Wide Plug Doors (CCLG Part 2, 7.10.8; Section 8, 60 ft cars - 54 in. Diameter Rolls)
- Circular Letter: C-13301 Implementation of New Figure 128-B Section 2 - Pipe, Steel, Bare, Coated, 4 in. to 20 in. OD, 25 Ft Long and Over - Bulkhead Flatcars, with Cushioning Devices and Archive of Figures 128 and 128-A, Section 2 (OTLR )
- Circular Letter: C-13300 Implementation of Revisions to Figure 14-A Section 2 - Plate, Horizontal, Single Load, With or Without Overhang - Flatcars (OTLR)