Serving Carrier & Reciprocal Switching Information
Serving Carrier & Reciprocal Switch Application
The Serving Carrier & Reciprocal Switch Application (user ID and password required) is designed to provide customers with information regarding the serving carrier(s) for a specific location, including the switch status:
- Open (serving carrier provides switching for other carriers).
- Closed and Local (serving carrier does not provide switching for other carriers and requires involvement in the line haul route).
- Restricted (serving carrier ONLY provides switching under the identified conditions).
To locate a customer facility, a partial name spelling, followed by an asterisk, can also be entered in the Customer Name or City fields. Street Address can also be used to search.
Reciprocal Switching Circular
The information below shows Union Pacific-served industries accessible to other railroads via reciprocal switch. It includes locations and fees Union Pacific charges other railroads for reciprocal switch services.
Once you have verified service to your location:
- If the origin or both facilities are on Union Pacific, check out our Price and Document Time Inquiry.
- If the origin is on another railroad, check with that carrier for pricing information.
- Contact your Union Pacific representative for further assistance, or Request a Quote (user ID and password required.)
- Access the current UP Reciprocal Switching Circular UP 8005 (enter email address to access).
To subscribe to email notification for the UP Reciprocal Switching Circular UP 8005, please visit MyUPRR (user ID and password required) choose Edit in the Notifications section and navigate to "Price Notifications" and select UP 8005, Item 1.