Serving Carrier & Reciprocal Switching Information
Serving Carrier & Reciprocal Switch Application
The Serving Carrier & Reciprocal Switch Application is designed to provide customers with information regarding the serving carrier(s) for a specific location, including the switch status:
- Open (serving carrier provides switching for other carriers).
- Closed and Local (serving carrier does not provide switching for other carriers and requires involvement in the line haul route).
- Restricted (serving carrier ONLY provides switching under the identified conditions).
To help locate a customer facility, a partial name spelling, followed by an asterisk, can also be entered in the Customer Name or City fields.
Reciprocal Switching Circular
The documents below list Union Pacific-served industries accessible to other railroads via reciprocal switch. It includes locations and fees UP charges other railroads for reciprocal switch services.
Once you have verified service to your location:
- If the origin or both facilities are on UP, check out our Price and Transit Time Inquiry.
- If the origin is on another railroad, check with that carrier for pricing information.
- Contact your UP representative for further assistance, or send us a Rate Request (User ID and password required.)
- To receive notification on switching circular updates, please send an email to email@example.com.