Real Railroaders 05262023
A True Rail Fan, Jerry McCarthy Enjoying Historical Career
With 51 years of experience, Conductor Jerry McCarthy is considered a go-to resource for historic locomotives and locations — and the third-generation railroader doesn’t plan on retiring anytime soon.
Real Railroaders 05232023
Ellis Lister Passionate about Railroad Industry Since Childhood
Ellis Lister Jr. has been living out his childhood dream as a railroader for nearly 51 years.
Real Railroaders 05192023
Railroaders Rescue Man from Icy Water
The keen eyes and commitment to safety of one Union Pacific train crew – and a bit of serendipity – all added up to a motorist stranded in icy water ultimately going home safely to his loved ones.
Real Railroaders 05152023
Thanks to Top-Notch Service, California Cement Producer Expands Yard
A strong working relationship led one of Union Pacific’s Redding, California, customers to recently invest in its rail operations, installing two new tracks to grow its cement business with Union Pacific and boost the local economy.
Real Railroaders 05082023
Celebrating Union Pacific's 50-Year Railroaders
Continuing a long-standing Union Pacific tradition, employees achieving 50 years of railroading will be honored Wednesday, May 17, in a special ceremony with UP senior leadership at 11:15 a.m. CT.
Real Railroaders 05042023
Bolin’s Voice Instrumental with Stakeholders Inside Washington Beltway
A leading Capitol Hill expert in railroad and transportation issues, Union Pacific’s Printz Bolin zeroes in on relationship-building, helping inform elected officials about key issues and legislation impacting Union Pacific. Bolin, vice president, External Relations, plays a central role in various economic, safety, passenger rail and labor matters, including the latest round of national labor negotiations.
Real Railroaders 04182023
Zarza’s Leadership Growing Business
Recognizing these achievements, among others, Profiles in Diversity Journal named Zarza to its short list of 2023 Latino Leadership Award winners.
Real Railroaders 04172023
Wichita Conductor Captures One-of-A-Kind Photo of “We Are ONE” Locomotive
When he first saw No. 1979 in 2021, conductor Robert Gatton saw an opportunity for an impactful photo. He decided he wanted to photograph it in front of a larger-than-life mural which depicts people of color in various sizes and positions on a grain elevator in Wichita.
- Professional Lunchbox Collector Celebrates Nostalgia 04122023
- Relationship-Building at All Levels Drives Lujan 04112023
- Garrison’s Leadership Building Railroad and Railroaders 04042023
- One Mother and Three Daughters Share a Rich Railroad Legacy at Union Pacific 03232023
- Union Pacific Track Inspector Rescues Couple from Burning Home 03102023
- Hamann’s Leadership Empowers Excellence 03062023
- During COVID-19 and Beyond, Union Pacific’s Larm Safeguards Employee Health 02232023
- Union Pacific's 'Sierra Snow Fighters' Give Mother Nature a Run For Her Money in California 02032023
- Military Prepared Marquez for Life on the Rails 01312023
- Rocker’s 'Hustle' Shapes His Professional, Personal Development 01132023
- Giving Good Cheer: Toy Drives, Donations Celebrate the Season 01052023
- Dowling's Critical Thinking Bolsters UP's Financial Strategies 01042023