Response Management Communication Center (RMCC)
Reporting Emergency Incidents
To report emergency incidents including life safety concerns, vehicles stopped on railroad tracks, hazardous material releases, criminal activity in progress, fires, and other incidents requiring emergency response, contact the RMCC at 1-888-UPRRCOP (877-7267).
Hearing or speech impaired using TTY equipment, dial 7-1-1 to access Telecommunications Relay Services.
Notify Union Pacific
Notify Union Pacific of non-emergency incidents by selecting a topic or concern from this list:
- Blocked Crossings – Trains stopped blocking a road crossing (if a vehicle is stopped on the railroad tracks, call 888-877-7267 immediately)
- Community/General Safe Crossing Events – Parades, festivals, races, or other events occurring at or near railroad crossings
- Idling Equipment – Concerns pertaining to idling equipment
- Illegal Dumping – Illegally discarded items or debris near UP tracks
- Rough Crossings – Rough or damaged crossing
- Transient Encampments – Encampments near UP tracks
- Vegetation – Vegetation obstructing views at crossings
Calling to Report Emergencies/Contact UP Police from Mexico?
Mexico has its own series of 800 numbers, so to make dialing U.S. numbers possible from a Mexico land line or Mexico-based cell carrier, you will need to replace the 800 prefix with the prefix shown below:
- 888 numbers Dial 001-881-then the number. To call RMCC from Mexico change the number from 1-888-877-7267 to 00-1-881-877-7267.
The number no longer will be toll-free, but it will connect.
- An alternative is to dial RMCC direct: 00-1-402-544-7622
Other prefix changes are as follows:
- 800 numbers Dial 001-880-then the number
- 866 numbers Dial 001-883-then the number
- 877 numbers Dial 001-882-then the number
To provide feedback about service provided by a Union Pacific special agent or by an RMCC Critical Call Dispatcher, please call our 24-hour, toll-free number at 888-877-7267, and request to speak with a supervisor.
Comments of this nature also can be sent to:
Union Pacific Railroad Police
1400 Douglas Street
Mail Stop 1040
Omaha, NE 68179
The Union Pacific Response Management Communications Center (RMCC) has achieved and maintained accreditation since 2013 through the Commission on Accreditation for Law Enforcement Agencies (CALEA) by demonstrating compliance with rigorous standards for highly efficient communications centers. Only a small percentage of emergency communications center worldwide have achieved CALEA accreditation.
Anyone wishing to provide comments regarding the agency's compliance with CALEA standards, engagement in the service community, delivery of public safety services, and overall candidacy for accredited status may submit comments through the CALEA public comment portal.
IMPORTANT: CALEA is not an investigatory body and subsequently the public portal should not be used to submit information for such purposes. Additionally, there will be no response other than acknowledgement of submissions; however, the information will be considered in context to its relevancy related to compliance with standards and the tenets of CALEA Accreditation.