Mexico Energy Reform
Helping You Capitalize on Mexico Energy Reform Opportunities
For the first time in nearly 80 years the Mexico energy market is open to private competition. U.S. producers of refined petroleum products like diesel, gasoline and liquid petroleum products (LPGs) now have the opportunity to expand their markets south of the border. Union Pacific has the Team of Experts, the Franchise and the Experience to help you capitalize on this great opportunity.
Team of Experts
At Union Pacific, we have three experienced teams that can help you take advantage of Mexico business opportunities:
- Our bilingual International Customer Service Center (ICSC) manages all cross border activites into and out of Mexico.
- The Mexico Marketing & Sales team helps identify market opportunities and supports customers in Mexico.
- Your Union Pacific representative is your link to these experts and other resources.
When it comes to new opportunities, Union Pacific’s franchise is unrivaled in its direct access to the entire Mexico energy market:
- We continue to work with refineries and terminals and serve more than 85 percent of the Gulf refining capacity.
- Union Pacific is the only Class One Railroad with access all six major Mexico gateways, connecting with both FXE and KCSM.
Union Pacific has extensive experience shipping to Mexico:
- We process nearly 70 percent of all cross-border rail traffic.
- We have handled more than five million shipments across the border in the past decade.
- You will directly benefit from our experience when you work with Union Pacific on developing and then executing Mexico business opportunities.
Contact Us to Get Started
For more information on how you can leverage Union Pacific’s resources to participate in these new opportunities, contact your Union Pacific sales representative.