Online, on the air and in print, Union Pacific shares its story with media. Our story is one of world-class safety, excellent customer experience and resource productivity in the communities where we operate trains.
More News Releases:
News, photos and video about Union Pacific, our employees and the communitites where we live and work.
Union Pacific's Latino Employee Network recently hosted an Employee Resource Group conference in Scottsdale, Arizona, connecting subject matter experts, company leaders and employees to discuss the railroad’s critical role as the leading provider of rail transportation services between the U.S. and Mexico.
Railroad Santa’s toy bag is bursting at the seams this year as UPVETS marked its annual Toys for Tots fundraising drive in the Houston area with another record year collecting toys and cash for children in need.
Union Pacific's Cerwin Fleming, general manager, Transportation, was recently named one of Profiles in Diversity Journal's Black Leadership Award 2023 winners, recognizing dedication to uplifting diverse voices industrywide and beyond.
- Union Pacific Statement on Labor NegotiationsUpdated Thursday, Sept. 15
- Tax policy: With a fair global playing field, we’re unstoppableRaising the corporate tax rate, as is being proposed by the Biden administration and some in Congress, would have a lasting negative impact on our ability to compete and win on a global playing field and would hamper job growth on our shores.
- We Must Help Communities Gain Strength from DiversityWe can, we will, and we must help our communities gain strength from their diversity.
- Commuter Trains will Continue to Run on Chicago's UP North, Northwest and West LinesChicago commuters receive safe, reliable service on the UP North, Northwest and West lines. This will not change. We have been clear with Metra that commuter trains will continue to run on these lines and service will not be degraded or halted. A new agreement would bring the UP-Metra service contract into alignment with contracts Union Pacific has with other commuter operators across its system.
- Union Pacific Seeks Declaratory Judgement on Common Carrier ObligationUnion Pacific and Metra have a long-standing relationship, governed by a Purchase of Service Agreement (PSA) that expires Feb. 29, 2020. We are committed to maintaining and preserving our relationship with Metra. For Metra customers, there will not be a change in service as a result of this federal court filing.