Online, on the air and in print, Union Pacific shares its story with media. Our story is one of world-class safety, excellent customer experience and resource productivity in the communities where we operate trains.
More News Releases:
News, photos and video about Union Pacific, our employees and the communitites where we live and work.
Union Pacific is putting employees in the driver’s seat to achieving the railroad’s sustainability goals by adding dozens of electric vehicles to its systemwide fleet. Over the next six months, 67 electric vehicles – 50 Ford Lightning pickups and 17 Ford Mustang Mach-Es – will be delivered to select field locations across the railroad’s 23-state network.
Union Pacific has developed strong relationships with local United Way chapters across its 23-state network. Last year, employee donations reached more than 150 communities, and Team UP is maintaining the momentum in 2022.
2,656 Lego bricks. 762 instruction steps. 300 hours. That’s what it took for Denmark-based Lego superfan Lasse Hvidtfeldt to build a 3-foot-long replica of Union Pacific’s Big Boy No. 4014 steam locomotive out of colorful plastic toy bricks.
- Union Pacific Statement on Labor NegotiationsUpdated Thursday, Sept. 15
- Tax policy: With a fair global playing field, we’re unstoppableRaising the corporate tax rate, as is being proposed by the Biden administration and some in Congress, would have a lasting negative impact on our ability to compete and win on a global playing field and would hamper job growth on our shores.
- We Must Help Communities Gain Strength from DiversityWe can, we will, and we must help our communities gain strength from their diversity.
- Commuter Trains will Continue to Run on Chicago's UP North, Northwest and West LinesChicago commuters receive safe, reliable service on the UP North, Northwest and West lines. This will not change. We have been clear with Metra that commuter trains will continue to run on these lines and service will not be degraded or halted. A new agreement would bring the UP-Metra service contract into alignment with contracts Union Pacific has with other commuter operators across its system.
- Union Pacific Seeks Declaratory Judgement on Common Carrier ObligationUnion Pacific and Metra have a long-standing relationship, governed by a Purchase of Service Agreement (PSA) that expires Feb. 29, 2020. We are committed to maintaining and preserving our relationship with Metra. For Metra customers, there will not be a change in service as a result of this federal court filing.