Online, on the air and in print, Union Pacific shares its story with media. Our story is one of world-class safety, excellent customer experience and resource productivity in the communities where we operate trains.
More News Releases:
News, photos and video about Union Pacific, our employees and the communitites where we live and work.
Say Cheese! Union Pacific Donates Photography Equipment to Chicago Youth
Across its grand 23-statewide network, Union Pacific finds unique ways to support niche communities and their needs.
We Are One: Pay Equity Matters at Union Pacific
Union Pacific has a longstanding history of competitive compensation and pay equity practices and an unwavering commitment to diversity and inclusion. We have long understood talent is best attracted and retained in a variety of ways, with competitive pay being a consistent leader.
Introducing Union Pacific's Latest Hazmat Response Training Tool
These new training cars will help first responders and hazmat response contractors learn how to properly enter tank car housings, test for leaks, make repairs and install emergency caps.
- Union Pacific Statement on Labor NegotiationsUpdated Thursday, Sept. 15
- Tax policy: With a fair global playing field, we’re unstoppableRaising the corporate tax rate, as is being proposed by the Biden administration and some in Congress, would have a lasting negative impact on our ability to compete and win on a global playing field and would hamper job growth on our shores.
- We Must Help Communities Gain Strength from DiversityWe can, we will, and we must help our communities gain strength from their diversity.
- Commuter Trains will Continue to Run on Chicago's UP North, Northwest and West LinesChicago commuters receive safe, reliable service on the UP North, Northwest and West lines. This will not change. We have been clear with Metra that commuter trains will continue to run on these lines and service will not be degraded or halted. A new agreement would bring the UP-Metra service contract into alignment with contracts Union Pacific has with other commuter operators across its system.
- Union Pacific Seeks Declaratory Judgement on Common Carrier ObligationUnion Pacific and Metra have a long-standing relationship, governed by a Purchase of Service Agreement (PSA) that expires Feb. 29, 2020. We are committed to maintaining and preserving our relationship with Metra. For Metra customers, there will not be a change in service as a result of this federal court filing.