Online, on the air and in print, Union Pacific shares its story with media. Our story is one of world-class safety, excellent customer experience and resource productivity in the communities where we operate trains.
More News Releases:
News, photos and video about Union Pacific, our employees and the communitites where we live and work.
Union Pacific and National Park Foundation Help Unveil New Pullman Porters Mural
Amidst the hustle and bustle of Chicago, a vibrant mural and portal into the past has emerged. Created by renowned local artist Joe Nelson, the mural honors the Pullman Porters and their remarkable journey from service to activism as they fought for equality and dignity on the rails.
A True Rail Fan, Jerry McCarthy Enjoying Historical Career
With 51 years of experience, Conductor Jerry McCarthy is considered a go-to resource for historic locomotives and locations — and the third-generation railroader doesn’t plan on retiring anytime soon.
Union Pacific’s Falcon Premium Service Connects Three Countries’ Shippers
With a constantly evolving transportation industry, Union Pacific introduced its newest Mexico gateway service – Falcon Premium – and unlike other intermodal services, Falcon service connects three countries in North America all by rail.
- Union Pacific Statement on Labor NegotiationsUpdated Thursday, Sept. 15
- Tax policy: With a fair global playing field, we’re unstoppableRaising the corporate tax rate, as is being proposed by the Biden administration and some in Congress, would have a lasting negative impact on our ability to compete and win on a global playing field and would hamper job growth on our shores.
- We Must Help Communities Gain Strength from DiversityWe can, we will, and we must help our communities gain strength from their diversity.
- Commuter Trains will Continue to Run on Chicago's UP North, Northwest and West LinesChicago commuters receive safe, reliable service on the UP North, Northwest and West lines. This will not change. We have been clear with Metra that commuter trains will continue to run on these lines and service will not be degraded or halted. A new agreement would bring the UP-Metra service contract into alignment with contracts Union Pacific has with other commuter operators across its system.
- Union Pacific Seeks Declaratory Judgement on Common Carrier ObligationUnion Pacific and Metra have a long-standing relationship, governed by a Purchase of Service Agreement (PSA) that expires Feb. 29, 2020. We are committed to maintaining and preserving our relationship with Metra. For Metra customers, there will not be a change in service as a result of this federal court filing.