San Antonio Intermodal Terminal (SAIT), Texas
Intermodal Facilities Maps
Location: 13001 IH-35 South, Von Ormy, TX 78073
Terminal Capabilities: COFC/TOFC
Directions: From I-35 South or North, take Exit 144. Follow the frontage road south to the SAIT terminal entrance.
Hours of Operation
This facility is equipped with an Automated Gate System (AGS).
National Customer Service Center
- View current schedule information for this and other selected origination terminals (requires User ID and password).
More About San Antonio Intermodal Terminal
Union Pacific's San Antonio Intermodal Terminal (SAIT) is a $100 million state-of-the-art facility designed to support the growing intermodal volume in southern Texas. Covering more than 300 acres, this expansive facility is designed to handle 250,000 annual container lifts and is positioned to serve the cities of San Antonio, Austin, Eagle Pass and Laredo, as well as the entire south Texas market.
- Eight-Lane Automated Gate System (AGS) Entrance
Enhances gate capacity to improve gate/terminal throughput. Improves truck turn times to 30-90 seconds, as compared to a national average of four minutes.
- 1,300 Parking Stalls
Provides ample capacity to process containers and creates faster availability for customers.
- State-of-the-Art Security
Security fencing, biometric driver check-in, lighting and video surveillance provide a secure, theft-resistant environment for customers' cargo while at the terminal.
- 24 Hour, Seven-Day-a-Week Operations
Enhanced customer and motor carrier operational convenience and flexibility.
- Three Loading Tracks
Allows for expedited loading/unloading, resulting in improved container availability.
- Future Expansion
Union Pacific has designed this new facility with room for future expansion to keep pace with our customers' growth requirements.
- Interstate Access
Convenient access to Interstates I-35 and I-410 make SAIT a key east-west and north-south turnstile, serving markets in all four direction.
Strategic Location and Markets Served
San Antonio Intermodal Terminal is positioned to serve more than 21 million square feet of warehouse space and serves one of the fastest - growing cities in Texas. In addition, SAIT:
- Is within 200 miles of the Mexico border and hundreds of Maquiladoras
- Is an alternative intermodal location for Mexico freight
- Provides competitive intermodal service between South Central Texas and the major markets of Los Angeles and Chicago
- Is adjacent to a logistic park with commercial property available for development
- Is centrally located in Texas, providing for efficient drayage to many markets
- Avoids congestion encountered in surrounding major metropolitan markets
U.S. Customs Contact Information
- U.S. Customs Border Patrol FIRMS Code
- Office Location
Port of Entry - San Antonio
Port Code - 5507
9800 Airport Blvd, Suite 1101
San Antonio, TX 78216
Hours: Monday through Friday
8 a.m. to 5 p.m. CST
- Inspection Location
242 NW W. White Road
San Antonio, TX 78219
Free Trade Zone (FTZ) Location
- Operational Technologies Corporation
913 Billy Mitchell Blvd. Suite 102
San Antonio, TX 78226
Phone: 210-731-0000 ext. 2117 or 2191
- Print this page from a PDF