State-of-the-Art Grain Transload Terminal in Chicago
Union Pacific's State-of-the-Art Transload Terminal in Chicago
Our state-of-the-art grain transload facility within our Global 4 intermodal terminal in Joliet, Illinois, reduces supply-chain costs for agricultural producers and processors. The Global 4 transload facility is managed by JCT, which is a 50/50 joint venture between Consolidated Grain and Barge Co. and Gavilon Grain, LLC.
How It Works
Regional producers and processors transport their product by truck to Global 4, where it is transloaded into intermodal marine containers for shipment by rail to West Coast ports, then loaded onto ocean carriers' vessels and shipped to overseas markets. The program offers greater access to containers for exporters and faster turnaround times for ocean carriers and their containers.
- Reduced supply chain costs.
- On-ramp location provides more consistent access to containers.
- State-of-the-art operations reduces unload times for inbound products.
- On-ramp location increases access to containers.
- Bookings will be available through multiple ocean carriers.
- Facility transloads soybeans and DDGs initially, expanding to other commodities including cleaned beans at a future date.
Truck to Container Transload Fee
- $12.00 / ST truck to container
- Includes: Container drayage, two days of chassis, bulkhead, export seal, Certificate of Analysis basis composite sample, Certificate of Weight, stowage exam and 921-2 inspection report.
Additional Options Available:
|Container Fumigation (Phosphine and/or Phosphide)||$130.00 per container|
|Container Fumigation (Methyl bromide)||$275.00 per container|
|Heating of Product for Fumigation||TBD|
|Mold-X Inhibitor Applied||$75.00 ST|
|Desiccant Bags/Blankets Installed (customer supplied desiccant)||$75.00 per container|
|Container Liners (with advance notice)||$100.00 per container|
*Customer to supply company Fedex/UPS number for shipping of samples.
*Containers requiring fumigation will be assessed a daily chassis charge of $24/day/container.
G4 Ag Transload Ocean Carriers
The following ocean carriers are potential options for this program:
- CMA CGM
- Evergreen Shipping
- Hapag Lloyd
- SM Line
- Westwood Shipping
A valid transload agreement is required to secure capacity at the terminal. Please contact the following entity to obtain your third-party transload agreement.
- Send email
Commercial DDG questions should be directed to:
- Send email
Commercial soybean questions should be directed to:
- Send email