Union Pacific's powerful Intermodal franchise offers unmatched service to and from Mexico. Utilizing a fleet of nearly 60,000 rail containers, Union Pacific serves several major gateways through three shipping options--Mexico Direct, Border Direct and Loup Passport. Our dedicated team has the expertise to help you make doing business in Mexico efficient and easy.
- Union Pacific Mexico Intermodal Solutions Overview
- Learn More About Our Unmatched Service Across the Border
Three Ways In and Out of Mexico:
1. Mexico Direct
Mexico Direct is an all-rail, seamless service that bypasses congested border crossings. Southbound shipments do not stop at the border for customs clearance. Instead, they travel in-bond, clearing customs at interior Mexico origins and destinations.
- Mexico Direct Overview
- Mexico Direct Services
2. Border Direct
Border Direct combines rail service north of the border with IMC or motor carrier-managed transportation south of the border, allowing you the flexibility for transloading, consolidating and warehousing.
3. Loup Passport
Let us handle it all with Loup Passport, seamless, door-to-door and door-to-ramp service to and from Mexico. Your shipment is managed entirely by Loup, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Union Pacific. We coordinate and track your shipment every step of the way, from pick-up to final delivery.
Pricing and Billing
- To find prices for shipping to and from Mexico, use the Domestic Z-Rates Tool.
- For Canadian and East Coast origins, call your originating carrier.
- Can't find a price? Submit an Express Quote rate request to the Union Pacific Intermodal Team.
- Mexico Glossary
- For more details regarding shipping by rail to and from Mexico, visit the Mexico General Information page.
- Contact a member of the team to get started.
- For assistance in Spanish, please contact our Mexico City Office at 011-52 (55) 5279-8600.