Coming to Union Pacific has been beneficial to all of us interns. We get a glimpse of what it means to be working professionally as well as the projects full-time employees work on.
The word “privilege” has always been in our society. While the formal definition is broad, we unofficially attributed it to generational wealth, the ability to opt out of the day-to-day grind, or connections that gave an easy path up the corporate ladder. Recently, in the Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DE&I) space the term took on the more literal meaning as a way to describe unearned advantages.
Technology has had a big impact on how train personnel approach their jobs in these modern times. Thanks to mobile reporting devices, we’ve virtually eliminated the need for work orders, and can now report our activities in near real time.
Plastics producers have meaningful sustainability goals. Here’s how they’re pushing the needle forward – and using transportation to make a difference.
Each jurisdiction is different, and one size does not fit all, but if we can work within our existing infrastructure to broaden the conversation between all stakeholders, I believe we can reduce the number of homeless in our communities.
The next decade will be one of rapid acceleration and expansion of our role in our nation's supply chain. The transformation of the technologies necessary to support this will come from an increased capability to leverage what is available in the broader market, plus a laser-like focus on creating company differentiating solutions.
Employee ownership has been shown to improve engagement, because it requires workers to reframe their perception of the “why” behind the company’s actions. A higher level of engagement leads to motivated and happier employees, which leads to safer operations and better service.
- Union Pacific’s Diversity, Equity & Inclusion Journey is Never Ending 05252021
- Best Leaders Act like Founders 05142021
- We Must Help Communities Gain Strength from Diversity 03232021
- Union Pacific - Our Journey to Growth Transformation 02162021
- Long Game Win Makes UP Big in South Korea 02102021
- What’s It Take to Run a Railroad? 02092021
- Teamwork Pulls Off Epic Union Pacific Englewood Yard Project 01062021
- West Coast Ports: We’re Open and Ready for the Rebound 05052020
- Loup Logistics Looking to Extend Railroad’s Reach 12042019
- How Union Pacific's Actions Helped Customers and Communities Recover from the 2019 Flood 05282019
- New California Locomotives Designed to Reduce Emissions 11162018
- It’s All About Drag: Revolutionizing Railroad Fuel Conservation 08072018