To keep shelves stocked, delivery times low, and products readily available, every link in the integrated supply chain must work in a precisely coordinated sequence. This requires every player -- steamship lines, port terminals, trucks, rail, warehouses, freight asset owners, and the beneficial owners of the cargo – to keep the freight flowing at the same pace.
“Thank You” were the two most frequently heard words from the millions who witnessed locomotive UP 4014 – the Big Boy – as it toured through the Midwest and South in August and September, 2021.
Despite being a 159-year-old company, Union Pacific has shown it is actively working to become even better by serving as an example not only to the business community, but more importantly, to the community at-large.
Supplier diversity introduces new products, services and solutions that might otherwise be overlooked. It’s an effective way to promote innovation while driving price and service competition. It many cases it’s an investment in the very communities in which we operate, promoting job creation at a local level.
Weather events, pandemics, geo-political relationships, and many other factors impact how we do business and how we ship. As companies manage their business with lean inventories and staff, they must have partners to help navigate the complexity.
We have a proven record of partnering with passenger agencies when the equation is balanced – when the public pays for public benefits and the freight railroads pay for private benefits – and where passenger rail compensates freight railroads fairly for access and use of network capacity.
Coming to Union Pacific has been beneficial to all of us interns. We get a glimpse of what it means to be working professionally as well as the projects full-time employees work on.
- Privilege: You Spot It, You Got It. 07152021
- Environmental Compliance Demands Respect for Air 07012021
- Technology Has Changed Life on the Railroad 06242021
- Coordination Drives Compassionate Response to Homelessness Issue 06152021
- Railroad to Expand Supply Chain Role by Focusing on Technology Investments 06082021
- Employee Ownership Is 'Table Stakes' for Modern Companies 06012021
- Union Pacific’s Diversity, Equity & Inclusion Journey is Never Ending 05252021
- Best Leaders Act like Founders 05142021
- We Must Help Communities Gain Strength from Diversity 03232021
- Union Pacific - Our Journey to Growth Transformation 02162021
- What’s It Take to Run a Railroad? 02092021