We Are One: Pay Equity Matters at Union Pacific
Union Pacific has a longstanding history of competitive compensation and pay equity practices and an unwavering commitment to diversity and inclusion. We have long understood talent is best attracted and retained in a variety of ways, with competitive pay being a consistent leader.
Command Center Provides Around-the-clock Derailment Prevention
Union Pacific's Operating Practices Command Center takes a proactive stance by using state-of-the-art technology to analyze unintended train stops across the network as well as perform recertifications and other annual requirements for all UP Class 1 employees.
Comprehensive Training at the Heart of Rail Safety
Union Pacific’s 33,000+-strong employee workforce is responsible for the safe movement of freight that powers our lives, keeps our store shelves stocked and builds our homes and communities. To do this requires an array of skills that spans every craft, along with a commitment to comprehensive, state-of-the-art training. Last year, UP provided more than 1.5 million hours of best-in-class training to Union Pacific’s workforce, including craft professionals who work to enable safe train operations.
Derailment Prevention Key to Keeping Trains on Track
Derailment prevention initiatives are fundamental to safe train operations at Union Pacific. There are several approaches to accomplishing this work. Union Pacific utilizes technology, optimal response and maintenance methodologies, and an aggressive capital renewal strategy to help keep trains on the tracks.
Safe Rail Transport of Chemicals Requires the Utmost Preparedness
The rail accident that occurred Feb. 3 in East Palestine, Ohio, has generated significant interest, curiosity and concern about hazardous materials being transported by rail. Our company and all carriers and producers of hazardous materials are reflecting on how well they’re prepared to respond if a similar situation occurs.
Goodbye Cab Signals Technology, Hello Positive Train Control
Dec. 21, 2022, marked a technological milestone – the last of Union Pacific’s locomotive cab signal systems were discontinued, marking the end of the use by UP of a technology that served us for nearly 100 years.
Planet Tracks Celebrates the Earth on its Birthday
With more than 1,500 members, Planet Tracks has become an integral part of our company’s strategy and focus on sustainability by engaging our workforce and educating employees on how they can support Union Pacific’s sustainability efforts in addition to individual contributions they can make outside of work.
Union Pacific Uses Technology to Improve Safety and Quality of Life
Through the decades, technology has continuously transformed rail operations, and now a new pilot at Union Pacific will apply technology to the conductor’s role to improve safety and quality of life.
- CIO 2-Year Reflections: Transformation through Growth and Customer Centricity 12192022
- Union Pacific Delivers Holiday Cheer During Peak Season 12022022
- 2022 Climate Action Plan Provides Updates on Union Pacific’s Carbon Reduction Efforts 11152022
- For One Veteran, the Mission Continues at Union Pacific 11112022
- Railroads Are in the Spotlight of Economic Growth 11012022
- Union Pacific Calls for Accuracy and Collaboration in Response to Houston Dioxin Study 09282022
- Green Bonds Support Union Pacific's Sustainability Efforts 09132022
- Hard Hats and Spreadsheets – Union Pacific Internship Provided Real World Experience 08262022
- All Parties Must Work Together to Keep Supply Chain Fluid 08152022
- As Plastic Production Grows, Pledge Targets Resin Containment 08122022
- Maha Festival Is Music to Union Pacific's Ears 08052022
- The American West Was Created by Hope, Moxie and Steam 08032022