Union Pacific and its West Coast port partners are keeping the supply chain moving for medical supplies and other essential goods coming into the U.S. from Asia. The ports of Los Angeles and Long Beach make up the San Pedro Bay complex, handling 25 percent of all U.S. exports and nearly 40 percent of containerized imports.
Spend some time with Kari Kirchhoefer and you’ll see she’s bullish on capturing new business for Loup Logistics, a Union Pacific subsidiary that offers door-to-door intermodal shipping, transload and logistics services. Named the company’s vice president last September, Kirchhoefer discussed her new role and vision.
Two months after what has been called one of the worst floods to strike the Midwest and Central Plains since 1993, communities are still picking up the pieces and, in some places, waiting for the waters to recede. Thanks to Union Pacific's extraordinary efforts to reopen railroad service in the aftermath of spring 2019 flooding, many railroad customers have returned to normal operations.
Union Pacific has been aggressively working to achieve lower emissions switchers over the past 16 years.
Inside Union Pacific’s new aerodynamics laboratory, Wayne Kennedy slides on big green sound-proof ear muffs and cranks the motor powering a mach 0.2 wind tunnel. The 50-foot-long wood, steel and acrylic glass machine roars to life. Smoke swirls around a G-scale model train.
Mike Zucker spent seven years visualizing how Union Pacific’s new 1,875-acre classification yard might grow up from the khaki-colored dirt of rural Robertson County, Texas. Today, his vision is becoming reality.
Halloween 2016 was no trick-or-treat moment for Mark Simon, Union Pacific’s assistant vice president of intermodal marketing and sales. That was the day he learned Japan’s three largest ocean carriers – MOL, NYK and K Line – would merge to become ONE: Ocean Network Express.
- New Rail Shuttle Facility Helps Feed a Nation 11212017
- Wind Rides on the Back of Union Pacific Trains 09292017
- New Shipper Gives Trans-Pacific Intermodal Market, West Coast Ports a Boost 07262017
- From Napkin to Prototype: 3-D Printing Revolutionizes Railroading 06072017
- All You Can Eat Shrimp, But Don’t Forget to Tip Your Locomotive Engineer 04282017
- Business Over the Border: NAFTA's Role in Balancing Economies 04042017
- A Christmas Tree's Journey 12122016
- California Dreamin': New Locomotives Take Clean Air Tech from Theory to Reality 11212016
- Feeding the Stone-Starved Beast 09192016
- Diversity and Inclusion Emphasized at Union Pacific's First Annual Employee Resource Group Conference 09072016
- Port of Tucson Improvements Support Business Growth 05132016
- Sacramento Rail Yard Cleanup Clears Way for Economic Revitalization 01072016