We know maintaining fluid operations at the ports we serve is important both to our customers and our economy. While Union Pacific is only one part of a supply chain that spans from factories in Asia to store shelves in your community or parcel deliveries to your doorstep, we will do all we can to ensure our part of the chain remains solid, connected, unbroken.
Tuesday’s mass murder in Uvalde, Texas, and the mass murder that took place in Buffalo, New York, on May 14 continue a pattern of heart shattering violence in America. In these events and in others before them, people going about their normal lives – individuals, children, parents, grandparents – experienced their last moment on earth facing thoughtless, cowardly menace.
Throughout my career I worked both inside and outside the office – in the railyard. The worst job was being a “mud hop” – working in the yard verifying rail cars on inbound and outbound trains, come rain or shine. In lousy weather it was unpleasant work. The men thought I would get discouraged and quit, but not this woman. I just put one foot in front of the other and kept going.
Union Pacific has serious safety and traffic concerns with the Oakland A’s proposed baseball stadium and a mixed-used residential/business development district next to two busy rail yards and a passenger rail station at Howard Terminal.
Our goal is to have a deep understanding of how our customers' needs are changing, the pain points in their processes, and how we can create value for their supply chain.
Through this unprecedented environment, Union Pacific strives to reach its aggressive 2030 diversity goals, increasing our people of color population from 29.4% to 40% and doubling our female population to 11%. Progress toward these goals was outlined in our just-released 2021 Human Capital Report, titled “We Are One.”
- Lessons from Assembling the World's Largest Battery-Electric Locomotive Freight Fleet Will Benefit Entire Industry 01282022
- UP Addresses Los Angeles Cargo Thefts; Problem Requires Collective Effort 01162022
- From Online Purchases to Rail Service, Customer Experience is Key 01132022
- Self-Financed Freight Rail Will Still Enjoy Infrastructure Law Benefits 01042022
- Union Pacific’s Environmental Transformation Began with Pride and Skepticism 12102021
- Rail Relief Gives Tech Expert a Different View of the Railroad 11122021
- CIO 1-Year Reflections: Focus on Growth Requires Preparing for Change 11042021
- Low-Emissions Locomotive Technology Brings Unique Challenges 10292021
- Some Wise Words from a 51-year Railroader 10072021
- Supply Chain Challenges: We’re All in This Together 09282021
- Mighty ‘Big Boy’ Locomotive Reflects Evolution of Rail Technology 09162021
- Conference Message: Humbly Work through Mistakes to Build Inclusion 09102021