Throughout my career I worked both inside and outside the office – in the railyard. The worst job was being a “mud hop” – working in the yard verifying rail cars on inbound and outbound trains, come rain or shine. In lousy weather it was unpleasant work. The men thought I would get discouraged and quit, but not this woman. I just put one foot in front of the other and kept going.
Union Pacific has serious safety and traffic concerns with the Oakland A’s proposed baseball stadium and a mixed-used residential/business development district next to two busy rail yards and a passenger rail station at Howard Terminal.
Our goal is to have a deep understanding of how our customers' needs are changing, the pain points in their processes, and how we can create value for their supply chain.
Through this unprecedented environment, Union Pacific strives to reach its aggressive 2030 diversity goals, increasing our people of color population from 29.4% to 40% and doubling our female population to 11%. Progress toward these goals was outlined in our just-released 2021 Human Capital Report, titled “We Are One.”
Lessons from Assembling the World's Largest Battery-Electric Locomotive Freight Fleet Will Benefit Entire Industry
Our announced plans to assemble the world’s largest battery electric locomotive freight fleet -- purchasing 20 battery-electric locomotives for testing in yard operations -- is a step toward our company goal of reaching net zero emissions by 2050. But it’s only one step on a journey that includes the entire transportation sector.
Union Pacific mobilized an aggressive response to a spike in cargo theft , increasing the number of police assigned to protecting the targeted areas in Los Angeles County, as well as leveraging technology, such as drone surveillance, specialized fencing and trespass-detection systems.
- From Online Purchases to Rail Service, Customer Experience is Key 01132022
- Self-Financed Freight Rail Will Still Enjoy Infrastructure Law Benefits 01042022
- Union Pacific’s Environmental Transformation Began with Pride and Skepticism 12102021
- Rail Relief Gives Tech Expert a Different View of the Railroad 11122021
- CIO 1-Year Reflections: Focus on Growth Requires Preparing for Change 11042021
- Low-Emissions Locomotive Technology Brings Unique Challenges 10292021
- Some Wise Words from a 51-year Railroader 10072021
- Supply Chain Challenges: We’re All in This Together 09282021
- Mighty ‘Big Boy’ Locomotive Reflects Evolution of Rail Technology 09162021
- Conference Message: Humbly Work through Mistakes to Build Inclusion 09102021
- Like the Rest of America, Union Pacific Is Hiring 08312021
- Supplier Diversity Is a Smart Community Investment 08242021