Union Pacific’s Falcon Premium Service Connects Three Countries’ Shippers
With a constantly evolving transportation industry, Union Pacific introduced its newest Mexico gateway service – Falcon Premium – and unlike other intermodal services, Falcon service connects three countries in North America all by rail.
Union Pacific’s Pride in Sustainability Efforts Reflected in Building America Report
Union Pacific’s recently released annual sustainability report, which we call the 2022 Building America Report, is our public report card on the 16 sustainability topics our internal and external stakeholders told us were the most important, relevant and impactful for our business.
Real-World Scenarios Critical to Tank-Car Emergency Training
These training courses do more than just provide education and experience, they build relationships with our community partners -- and that’s critical for a safe and efficient response.
Remote-Control Locomotive Technology Puts Humans in Control
Remote-control locomotives are controlled by one or two operators standing on the ground near the train or on the locomotive itself. We use this technology extensively in our railyards where the operator moves trains within yards or between yards onto different tracks – the railroad terminology is “switching” – so the cars can be broken down and rebuilt into trains.
GPS and Smart Sensors on Rail Cars Will Require Industry-Wide Collaboration and Innovation
We all use GPS technology in our everyday lives, whether to track our Amazon packages or to help get us to our destination via a phone app. So why not use GPS to track and monitor rail cars? And while we are at it, why not make the rail cars smarter with sensors that monitor their health and status?
Successfully Securing Rail Property is a Joint Agency Effort
With more than 32,000 miles of track in 23 states, Union Pacific’s vast network presents a challenge to secure and protect. Union Pacific employs 126 full-time railroad police officers who patrol our properties, yards, offices and facilities. Our team has established valuable relationships with local and federal law enforcement agencies to respond when crime occurs on Union Pacific property.
We Are One: Pay Equity Matters at Union Pacific
Union Pacific has a longstanding history of competitive compensation and pay equity practices and an unwavering commitment to diversity and inclusion. We have long understood talent is best attracted and retained in a variety of ways, with competitive pay being a consistent leader.
Command Center Provides Around-the-clock Derailment Prevention
Union Pacific's Operating Practices Command Center takes a proactive stance by using state-of-the-art technology to analyze unintended train stops across the network as well as perform recertifications and other annual requirements for all UP Class 1 employees.
- Comprehensive Training at the Heart of Rail Safety 03082023
- Derailment Prevention Key to Keeping Trains on Track 03012023
- Safe Rail Transport of Chemicals Requires the Utmost Preparedness 02202023
- Goodbye Cab Signals Technology, Hello Positive Train Control 02062023
- Planet Tracks Celebrates the Earth on its Birthday 12272022
- Union Pacific Uses Technology to Improve Safety and Quality of Life 12202022
- CIO 2-Year Reflections: Transformation through Growth and Customer Centricity 12192022
- Union Pacific Delivers Holiday Cheer During Peak Season 12022022
- 2022 Climate Action Plan Provides Updates on Union Pacific’s Carbon Reduction Efforts 11152022
- For One Veteran, the Mission Continues at Union Pacific 11112022
- Railroads Are in the Spotlight of Economic Growth 11012022
- Union Pacific Calls for Accuracy and Collaboration in Response to Houston Dioxin Study 09282022