We can be the best in safety because we have been there before. We have exceptional people with the right safety focus. It’s something we all can unite around because we care for each other.
The day I lost my dad started off as a normal Friday. I fed my kids breakfast, I took them to school, and was working from my home office on a virtual call. When my mom called in the middle of the day, I assumed she wanted to meet for lunch or invite me to something over the weekend. That phone call was the beginning of the worst 24 hours of my life.
What I’m most proud of is how all of you, the entire Union Pacific team, show up every day to deliver North America’s safest, most reliable, and most efficient supply chain solutions. That is our purpose. You do it with a passion for performance, with high ethical standards, as one team, one railroad.
An internship in the transportation industry never crossed my mind until my college’s career center reached out regarding an opportunity to join the Union Pacific Corporate Giving team.
The transportation industry has come a long way in the past few decades, and with the recent large leap forward in technologies such as Artificial Intelligence (AI) and Machine Learning (ML), the industry is on the brink of a major transformation. We are at an inflection point where the investments in AI are set to revolutionize most aspects of humanity and certainly our transportation industry.
UP CARES provides a consistent, branded rail safety message in the 7,300+ communities where Union Pacific operates; and its message has evolved to become suitable for all audiences. The message is simple: Always expect a train at a railroad crossing. Stay away from trains and other railroad property, including trestles, yards and equipment.
I’m proud to be part of a company committed to providing mental health and wellbeing resources that support its employees and their families. It’s a commitment Union Pacific made even prior to the pandemic.
- A Wish for Freedom 06192023
- 50-year Railroader Ronnie Fisher: 'My Regular Passengers Became my Friends' 06162023
- Union Pacific’s Falcon Premium Service Connects Three Countries’ Shippers 05252023
- Union Pacific’s Pride in Sustainability Efforts Reflected in Building America Report 05172023
- Real-World Scenarios Critical to Tank-Car Emergency Training 05122023
- Remote-Control Locomotive Technology Puts Humans in Control 05012023
- GPS and Smart Sensors on Rail Cars Will Require Industry-Wide Collaboration and Innovation 04272023
- Successfully Securing Rail Property is a Joint Agency Effort 04132023
- We Are One: Pay Equity Matters at Union Pacific 03302023
- Command Center Provides Around-the-clock Derailment Prevention 03142023
- Comprehensive Training at the Heart of Rail Safety 03082023
- Derailment Prevention Key to Keeping Trains on Track 03012023