My 22-year Union Pacific journey is just one example of what a career can look like at our railroad. All 32,000 Union Pacific employees have a career story full of excitement, challenges and fulfillment.
Too many organizations are held back by an antiquated IT mindset that separates the precious Technology teams from the rest of the business. To stay ahead, Union Pacific is embracing enterprise-wide thinking that gets everyone from tech teams to senior leadership on the same page and speaking the outcome language.
Precision Train Builder simulates trains and their operations over hundreds of miles of track compressed into minutes, accurately identifying not only where to place rail cars within a train, but how much “power” — i.e., locomotives — to use, and where to place that power within the train for the most efficient and safe operation.
While much of the world was winding down for the year, a Union Pacific team in Houston was gearing up to end 2020 with a bang – installing a new master retarder in Englewood Yard on Dec. 29 in close to eight hours.
Union Pacific and its West Coast port partners are keeping the supply chain moving for medical supplies and other essential goods coming into the U.S. from Asia. The ports of Los Angeles and Long Beach make up the San Pedro Bay complex, handling 25 percent of all U.S. exports and nearly 40 percent of containerized imports.
Spend some time with Kari Kirchhoefer and you’ll see she’s bullish on capturing new business for Loup Logistics, a Union Pacific subsidiary that offers door-to-door intermodal shipping, transload and logistics services. Named the company’s vice president last September, Kirchhoefer discussed her new role and vision.
- How Union Pacific's Actions Helped Customers and Communities Recover from the 2019 Flood 05282019
- New California Locomotives Designed to Reduce Emissions 11162018
- It’s All About Drag: Revolutionizing Railroad Fuel Conservation 08072018
- Constructing a Lasting Legacy in Brazos Valley, Texas 06272018
- No Bad Apples in This Bunch 06122018
- Landmark Merger Creates Ocean of Challenge 06042018
- New Rail Shuttle Facility Helps Feed a Nation 11212017
- Wind Rides on the Back of Union Pacific Trains 09292017
- New Shipper Gives Trans-Pacific Intermodal Market, West Coast Ports a Boost 07262017
- From Napkin to Prototype: 3-D Printing Revolutionizes Railroading 06072017
- All You Can Eat Shrimp, But Don’t Forget to Tip Your Locomotive Engineer 04282017
- Business Over the Border: NAFTA's Role in Balancing Economies 04042017