Union Pacific Contacts
Union Pacific Emergencies
Emergency contact for immediate life safety concerns, vehicles stopped on railroad tracks, hazardous material releases, criminal activity in progress, fires, and other incidents requiring emergency response.
Frequently Asked Questions
Before contacting Union Pacific with questions, please consult Frequently Asked Questions for commonly asked questions and answers.
Non-Emergency Incident Reporting
Report blocked crossings, rough crossings, idling equipment, community events, transient encampments, illegal dumping, or vegetation concerns through UP.com/NotifyUP.
Local Community Contact
For non-media inquires about issues in your community, contact your local public affairs director.
Public Affairs Contacts
Reporter inquires can be made via email or voicemail. A media team member will respond as soon as possible.
Send a message to the news media team.
Leave a message at 402-544-5034.
402-544-5000 or 888-870-8777
- Customer Care Customer care by commodity teams, online support for UP web applications, accounting & freight billing and other customer contacts.
- Shipment Quality and Freight Claims Reporting damage or filing a freight claim, Omaha staff and field managers.
- Employment Verification Requests for verification can be made at uConfirm.com or by calling 1-866-312-8266.
- Economic & Industrial Development Businesses wanting to build, expand or find a rail-served site on Union Pacific.
- Environmental Management Field operations, hazardous materials management and site remediation.
- Investor Relations Union Pacific Corporate Treasury and Shareholder Relations
- Job Seekers Signing up to be notified of future positions in your specified location and area of interest.
- Law / Risk Management
- Court Ordered Restitution – 877-877-2567, option 2
- Personal Injury – 888-877-7267
- Property Damage – 877-877-2567, option 1
- Recovery/Damage to Railroad Property – 877-877-2567, option 2
- Service of Process – CT Corporation: 866-925-9916 or email@example.com
- Public Projects Local communities and public agencies developing and working on public projects including public or private crossings, crossing surface renewals, road reconstruction at crossings, over- or underpasses, signalized crossing projects and recreational trails.
- Real Estate and Utility Services Property leases and purchases, utilities (pipeline/wireline) installation, house moves (across our tracks), as well as drainage modifications, environmental access and temporary use of railroad property
- Safety Reporting emergencies, unusual or special occurrences and environmental hazards.
- Supplying Products and Services to Union Pacific Electronic data interchange (EDI), accounting, service invoice status.
- Website Issues Reporting bad links, asking a question you can't find a contact who can answer it. Before submitting questions to Union Pacific, please consult the Frequently Asked Questions and their answers.