Union Pacific CARES about Safety
Union Pacific cares about the communities we serve and partners with organizations to promote rail safety. Our Crossing Accident Reduction Education and Safety (UP CARES) program works to reduce train accidents through rail safety education and law enforcement partnerships.
Want to enhance rail safety in your community? Share our education resources or request a railroad safety presentation.
Union Pacific uses innovation and technology to enhance the safety and security of our employees, communities and customers. Our goal is zero accidents, injuries or fatalities involving employees, pedestrians, drivers and trains. Read more.
NEED TO CROSS THE TRACKS?
- Always expect a train and look both ways before crossing.
- Only cross the tracks at designated railroad crossings, located where the street intersects with the tracks.
- Never walk between the rails or areas that are not designated railroad crossings.
- Avoid distractions including loud music, texting or talking on cell phones when crossing the railroad tracks.
- Stay away from trains and other railroad property, including trestles, yards and equipment.
- Report emergencies or suspicious activity on the tracks to Union Pacific's Response Management Communication Center at 888-877-7267 or 911.